Show us your element housings/pots. How did you do it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it does have a stainless steel base. It's a much-improved version of the element shipped with the original design. The picture shows how beat up the old element was after finally getting it unscrewed from the kettle.
Can you separate the housing from element on High Gravity's setup if needed.

Can you separate the housing from element on High Gravity's setup if needed.
I would ask Dave Knott of High Gravity for more detail before going forward. Although I have never tried to it looks like you can. Logically how else would they put the assembly together in the first place?

I used a Blichman Boil coil. It was very easy to install and simple to unplug for cleaning. (2 small holes rather than one large one.) I do BIAB and have never scorched a bag when maintaining mash temp. without a false bottom. The bag touches the coil directly.

I am using this element setup in my HLT.
5500 watt spa element installed in the bottom of a keggle. The spa element has self contained o-ring seals that have not leaked at all over the last 6+ years of use. Pluses: Only requires two 1/2 inch holes to be drilled in the kettle. Negatives: Due to the clearance requirement of the J-box, the keggle needs
three welded angle iron legs. Other than that, it works very well. Not sure of the watt-density of the element but since it is being used for HL, it really doesn't matter. Bonus, it also doubles as a low temperature water bath for processing sausages!

DSCN3281.JPG

DSCN3283.JPG

DSCN3284.JPG

Last edited:
Back