Yeast for imperial porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrencepickles

Reaction score
So tomorrow I'll be brewing a robust imperial porter (all grain) from austin home brew supply. I opted for the dry yeast option because I live in Vegas. Freeze pack was hot by the time it got to my door. Problem is that the recomended yeast is a small pack of Munton's premium gold rather than the big packs of Safale I've been using.

Is that packet going to be enough? The starting OG is supposed to be 1.090. I also have Some Shark Bite red ale fermenting with Safale-04 that I could rack to a secondary and pitch some trub. I don't know if that's a good yeast for this beer though. Still kind of new to this.

Please advise.

You could pick up 2 packages or more of Notty.

I haven't used many yeast cakes, but I think a 1.090 would be an ideal candidate for one.

Guess you could always attempt to make a starter with the dry yeast. Haven't done/heard of it, but it is worth a shot if you have to brew tomorrow. Or use it and hope for the best.

I'd Pitch it on the cake of s-04. Make sure to have a blowoff tube, you'll need it.:rockin:

Back