anyone use a flip top growler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't bottle conditioned in mine, but I love it for taking beer from the keg. They are very heavy duty and it's a nice presentation.

Buy from MrBeer.com, it's a lot cheaper. I can't say enough about how fast Mr. Beer ships things. I had never dealt with them before buying this growler. I bought on Monday at 2pm, had it in hand by 1pm Wednesday. I also bought the growler tap from mr. beer and it cost me $15 less than Northern Brewer. It's awesome for having tap beer on the go, but don't use it for extended periods of time since you're introducing oxygen into the beer.

i buy mine from stone brewing for 11$ each. ive got 1 liters 2 liters and a 3 liter growler. check out their webiste

I have two of the glass-handled version of the growler you're looking at. I've been very happy with them, and it's great to be able to rinse and fill one of these for a quick run to a friend's house.

Word of warning though - always make sure they're well secured in your vehicle:
IMG_2989.JPG

I have two of the glass-handled version of the growler you're looking at. I've been very happy with them, and it's great to be able to rinse and fill one of these for a quick run to a friend's house.

IMG_2989.JPG

Is that a screw cap growler? I've already had one of those spontaneously deconstruct and wouldn't dream of using one for bottle conditioning.

Is that a screw cap growler? I've already had one of those spontaneously deconstruct and wouldn't dream of using one for bottle conditioning.

Those were two flip top growlers similar to the one linked in the OP. They slid across my back seat and hit each other. Boom....

That was filled straight from the kegerator faucet too, so I don't imagine the carbonation was too impressive.

IMG_2989.JPG

that seriously looks like murder! You should turn yourself in now while you still have a chance but I am not going to lie. It doesnt look good for you man.

Back