Staying in Scottsdale in a Few Weeks...Brew Pubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcows

Reaction score
I am going to be travelling to Scottsdale in a few weeks and looking for some breweries, brewpubs, cool places to eat. Last time I was there we went to the Cullinary Dropout and liked that but looking for something with more beer selection and good food.

Are you looking for specifically scottsdale, or just sorta good places in the valley?

To be honest with you I don't know the area that well. I just said Scottsdale because that is where I am staying. Won't have a car will be using Uber so anything that is a reasonable ride (10-15 minutes) would probably be fine.

Going to go see Nickelback at Ak-Chin one night. Anything close to that?

I'm just flabbergasted that you'd go see nikelback at all. I know craft 64 is in scottsdale which is supposedly good. Then you have places like the Beer Research Institute and AZ Wilderness. I personally don't support AZW because the owners are ********.

scottsdale: Fate brewing co. - papago brewing - scottsdale beer co. - pinnacle peak patio (was? is?) the home of sonoran brewing.
craft 64 is going on your to-do-list. just go.
brat haus is ok, nice small selection.

I'm intersted to see the feedback here. I live down the road in that OTHER desert city and I know out craft scene, or lack there of, well but I don't know much about PHX stuff. I tasted a few of AZW beers lately and they were okay.

If you end up at a craft bar and they have anything from Dragoon I would highly recommend it. They are one of the best in the state right now.

Scottsdale is pretty close to Tempe, and Tempe has Four Peaks Brewing. GREAT restaurant, tasty beer, and an awesome waitstaff. There are multiple locations, hit the one on 8th Street. Parking sucks, but well worth it. I go there every time I'm in Tolleson for business. The Yardhouse and Gordon Biersch are always solid choices too. Have fun!

O.H.S.O Outragous Homebrewer Social Outpost. I moved from the Phoenix area before this opened but it it looks like it could good. Four peaks was good 7 years ago not sure if it has changed or not. And there was a four peaks in Scottsdale as well as Tempe.

i forgot Four Peaks in northern Scottsdale. i only listed what i know in Scottsdale, if you wanted other areas to venture into i could rattle off another 7 or 8 brewpubs.

Back