Just bottled first brew tonight!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ak47clown

Reaction score
No real point to this thread-just bottled my first brew tonight-Irish Red Ale from Midwest that came with my kit. After a few minor mistakes, I think the beer came out fairly decent. My FG was 1.012 which is just about dead on according to the guidelines. It's a little hoppy now which i don't mind but i'm hoping with the bottling and aging that it'll get a little sweeter. All in all, despite the amount of work that i put into homebrewing- i enjoy it and can defintely see this turning into a long term thing

Tomorrow i'm gonna brew up some Amarillo IPA which i'm pretty psyched for. I love those hops and can't wait to see how this one comes out!

yeah... someone needs to invent a contraption you can put the bottles into and age them instantaly lol. oh well-i figure i'll give one a shot next week just to see how the carbonation is coming along and then wait another two weeks after that

Or while waiting for that a safe w/ a time controlled lock;)

On a side note my brother did some kinda home wine class. He said they demistrated some magnet thing around the neck that he claims made a amazing differance. Not sure i buy it;)

yeah there's a few things out there (probably in skymall lol) that supposedly age wine rapidly. Like you pour it into a glass and then put this contraption into it and in a few minutes it's aged 5 years!

yeah there's a few things out there (probably in skymall lol) that supposedly age wine rapidly. Like you pour it into a glass and then put this contraption into it and in a few minutes it's aged 5 years!

haha, I think that contraption is called 'marriage' :drunk:

Marrying and 5 years of age should never be in the same sentence. Except in Salt Lake City :)

congrats! Just brewed my first batch today as well - an extra pale ale with a gravity of 1.042 and the kit I used said it was 1.045 so I guess I am off to a good start. :mug:

Finally bottled my dunkelweizen after 2 months in secondary. We'll see how she turns out!!!
FYI, I used about 3/4 cup priming sugar with 2 cups of water and boiled for 15 mins before racking contents of secondary to bottling bucket. Does this sound about right?

Crazy, I just bottle my first brew. Also the Irish Red Ale that came with the Midwest kit.

I used 5oz of priming sugar boiled in a cup of water. Not sure how much of a difference it makes either way but i think for my next batch i'm gonna try out the carb tabs in the bottles. I figure that might give a more consistent carbonation and it's not really too expensive either...

Back