Cleaning and storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
Just wanting to see what other people do for a cleaning procedure.

I like to clean everything with oxiclean after use and I store most things in a plastic bin to keep it from getting a lot of dust. My fermenters, I soak with oxiclean for a night and stuff the lids in the bucket, rinse thmn good the next day and stack them and store them in a closet.

When I go to use something, it will be clean so I give it a good rinse with water and sanitize as normal.

Do some of you clean after use and then clean again before use? Where do you store stuff?

I like to see what other people do to see if I can improve on what I do.

I will usually do a thorough cleaning after i brew. Kettle gets scrubbed and polished with barkeeprs friend. Cooler Mash tun is scrubbed using plastic brush and dish soap. I only use glass carboys for fermentation so ill use an oxiclean soak over night or for 2 days if im feeling lazy. All my blow off tubes get a bleach water soak(oxiclean never seems to get everything in there). As for cleaning before brewing, my stuff is usually clean enough just for a quick rinse out before brewing aside from anything that comes in contact post cool down of wort. I like star san(doesnt stain my equip). Your methods seem fine to me.

Back