What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Delicious as always...

image-241652383.jpg

Yup 2nd year willamette. And I also have 2nd year Centennial and Chinook. The Chinook hasn't done very well yet though.

Just curious, did you cut back the first bine that sprouted this year?

I've got some 3rd year cascade, 2nd year Chinook, and some first year centennial. The cascade is pushing 5 ft the others are kinda lagging behind, we had a late spring. But all 6 of my new rhizomes sprouted, I was pretty psyched about that.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Oh how I have missed the Wookey! Found it on sale for 4.49. Needless to say, I am now stocked up.

Son of a mother!!!
I'm jealous. Wookey is so good and 4.49 is ridiculously cheap for such a great beer. I'm counting down the months till FW is distributed here in Houston. Won't be long now.

NIZZLE said:
Nice of you to join us Wes haha :D

No drinking for me tonight, but I have to monitor you guys and make sure you're all drinking right. And by the looks of it, y'all are doing a good job so far. ;)

WesleyS said:
Son of a mother!!!
I'm jealous. Wookey is so good and 4.49 is ridiculously cheap for such a great beer. I'm counting down the months till FW is distributed here in Houston. Won't be long now.

Isn't that almost half off?

Pretty much. I saw it at my local Whole Foods, and filled my basket. The guy restocking the shelves next to me looked atme and gave a quick chuckle. I have never seen it that cheap. I was in awe when I saw it. The date on this bottle is 3/29, so not sure if thats why, but it still tastes like a nice fresh Wookey!! Woot Woot!!!! :ban:

MrNickVT said:

Paid $7.99 for it in Pittsburgh. Got the last bottle. Been thinking of trading it, but I really want to drink it cuz it's liquid paradise!

Oh, and actually, I have a BevMo around me that constantly sells 2 bombers of Wookey for $10. $5 each for Wookey is awesome. They also have 2 for $9 of Hop Stoopid from Lagunitas too. Never thought I would say it, but I am kinda tired of the Stoopid haha. Living in California sucks......

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Pretty much. I saw it at my local Whole Foods, and filled my basket. The guy restocking the shelves next to me looked atme and gave a quick chuckle. I have never seen it that cheap. I was in awe when I saw it. The date on this bottle is 3/29, so not sure if thats why, but it still tastes like a nice fresh Wookey!! Woot Woot!!!! :ban:

They had that deal up this way too, but their stock was only a couple weeks old. It's usually under $6 though. Honestly, I'm sick of the stuff :p

nukebrewer said:
Things aren't going to get much better for you tonight, Wes. I've got a WJ on deck. ;)

Don't worry about me. Drink away, my friend. My day with the Wook will come again. Oh yes, it will come again. ;)

Oh, and actually, I have a BevMo around me that constantly sells 2 bombers of Wookey for $10. $5 each for Wookey is awesome. They also have 2 for $9 of Hop Stoopid from Lagunitas too. Never thought I would say it, but I am kinda tired of the Stoopid haha. Living in California sucks......

1st world problems. I understand though I drank so much allagash house beer when it was time to refill the wooden case I just kept it for homebrew.

bottlebomber said:
They had that deal up this way too, but their stock was only a couple weeks old. It's usually under $6 though. Honestly, I'm sick of the stuff :p

And I continue to hate you.
And maybe just a little but more now.
:p

80 Acre Hoppy Wheat courtesy of skeezer. This is an interesting brew, man. Reminds me of a white IPA from Two Roads, a local brewery here in CT. This one's a little heavier on the wheat, which is good. I like how the wheat and the hops play together. Thanks for sending this, man!

20130516_213000.jpg

xMalachi said:
Sharing with SWMBO. She took her glass already though.
Have you been able to try anything from the swap yet?
WesleyS said:
And I continue to hate you.
And maybe just a little but more now.
:p
Oh quit it.. Just wait, you'll get burned out on it too. It is an awesome beer, but it is possible to have enough of a 100IBU black rye IPA.

bottlebomber said:
Have you been able to try anything from the swap yet?

Oh quit it.. Just wait, you'll get burned out on it too. It is an awesome beer, but it is possible to have enough of a 100IBU black rye IPA.

Yes sir! Simtra was ridiculously good. I also had your IPA and Wheat IPA. Both of them were quite tasty. I put your Pale Ale in the fridge this evening to enjoy tomorrow. :)

xMalachi said:
Yes sir! Simtra was ridiculously good. I also had your IPA and Wheat IPA. Both of them were quite tasty. I put your Pale Ale in the fridge this evening to enjoy tomorrow. :)

Yes, that Simtra is like liquid hop sap. Damn strong too, I think it's around 11% but I can't remember. I've drunk almost all the beer from my MAW ;)

TCGoose said:
Haul from Rob_B! Thanks!!

And a WTF I've been sitting on for a while.

Go warriors!!

Excellent haul! That Zhukov is at least a year old, it doesn't come out until July this year.

Is that from the MAW thread?

B. Nektar Meadery Evil Genius IPA style mead. Awesome aroma! Interesting palate, sweet kinda mead honey appley with a pretty great hoppy finish, I like it

ForumRunner_20130516_222115.jpg

Hell or high watermelon is my new after mowing beer nice wheat beer with the nice refresh of watermelon, down town brown was pretty good with my steak and grilled potatoes tonight

image-1161781824.jpg

image-2156245110.jpg

allenH said:
Excellent haul! That Zhukov is at least a year old, it doesn't come out until July this year.

Is that from the MAW thread?

Trade. The Zhukov has a date of August 2012, so I'm pumped.

My bourbon porter: Ale-Usions of Grand Beer
Aged 6 months now. Smooth...

Yum. Thank god I only opened a 12 oz bottle. Damn this is sneaking up on me.

Latest posts

Back