Blichmann Boilermaker Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jethro55

Reaction score
Moving up to this kettle to make AG brew days a little easier. My question is this - Do I need to worry about oxidation as I move wort from this kettle (as a mash tun) to boiler kettle?

Grab a silicone hose, 6' or so. That way you can drain from your mashtun to boil kettle without agitating the wort. Most come with 1/2" barb fittings that a hose will slip right on.

Grab a silicone hose, 6' or so. That way you can drain from your mashtun to boil kettle without agitating the wort. Most come with 1/2" barb fittings that a hose will slip right on.

Did get the fittings and long high temp tubing. I just figured that the boil agitation was an eliminator to oxidation concerns at this stage?

Go to Seville Classics shelving, makes gravity easy to put pots on shelves (about $75 for a full 3-tier shelf setup). Drain into the bottom of the pot, no HSA concerns. Best buy I ever made.

Back