Breweries and Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll rewrite the whole application in C# if you help me build something like this in my tiny apartment in Brooklyn,NY :p

Can you help me out with the kettles? I figured out which is the MT (!) - what are the other three, left to right?

Nice job!

Can you help me out with the kettles? I figured out which is the MT (!) - what are the other three, left to right?

Nice job!

Frm.jpg

Sure,
From the left we have the Hot liquor tank, Mashtun, 19L Herms tank and the kettle on far right.

Didn't you know Jonathon, i am your long lost brother? Yup, i think that makes me half owner! I am not greedy though, i will take your old set up, you can have the new hotness.

well i guess that could be doable, its halves on cost left to finish up the project right? if thats the case than i would seriously kick the idea around.

Bloody hell, I leave this hobby 15yrs ago and I thought my 1/2 barrel converted keg system was cool. Now I come back and I see this. If my wife sees me looking at your system, she will have my sack in a jar.

On another note, it looks like you have a pretty large piece of property. Is there any of that famous Aussie wildlife like snakes, crocs, roos, dingos, funnelweb spiders around?

Bloody hell, I leave this hobby 15yrs ago and I thought my 1/2 barrel converted keg system was cool. Now I come back and I see this. If my wife sees me looking at your system, she will have my sack in a jar.

On another note, it looks like you have a pretty large piece of property. Is there any of that famous Aussie wildlife like snakes, crocs, roos, dingos, funnelweb spiders around?

ha ha, well lucky for me i haven't found the right one to strip me of all my hobbies yet....
Plenty of wildlife, snakes a plenty only last year i found a red belly black eating a tiger snake just near the shed.. And a couple of years ago was lucky enough to have been bitten on the spine by a Red back spider.. back paddock had around 40 - 60 roos in it most mornings, too far south for crocs thakfully or jet skiing would be out of the question...

Hey Brewers.
Small update,
I have spent the last few days in the shed hard at it.
Hopefully this will be the final assembly with a few mods along the way including a lauter grant tube and a hop strainer.

I'm now looking for fermenting options. There seems to be not much in Australia so i'm looking abroad. I'm after 4 of 150L - 200L stainless conical fermenters, I would like commercial quality and really don't have time to build them. Any help would be appreciated..

system.jpg

Have you tried probrewer.com? most of the stuff will be in the states but they might ship

Funny you should mention that, I did but the moderators refused my registration 3 times, I emailed with my setup and intentions but no I'm not a brewer so I could not be part of the discussion..

hmmm, that's pretty lame. a lot of the vendors on that site have their own websites. i.e: nabrewing.com, soundbrew.com, ager-tank, stromberg tanks... you might try signing up ith a more official sounding brewery name. there are a lot of guys on there that are just starting their breweries.

Yeah I have been browsing those websites , cheers.

All I have to say is don't judge a user by their username...

Yeah I think that's B.S. I have seen people post on that site that weren't even in the business yet, or were looking for investors to open a brewery.

If your brave you can go on Alibaba.com and check out some of the Chinese factories that are making brewing equipment. Most of them will respond pretty quickly with price quotes. Prices can be pretty cheap and the quality looks decent.

Funny you should mention that, I did but the moderators refused my registration 3 times, I emailed with my setup and intentions but no I'm not a brewer so I could not be part of the discussion..

It took me 3 or 4 times to get a registration to go through with probrewer, I ended up emailing the Admin, Tom, and he got me set up. From what he told me the filters on the site are really strong, so its common for things to not go through. Email him and be patient, it took me about a week of trying in earnest to get a login.

On another note, your system still looks great. Keep it up!

I emailed them also but no cigar...anyway....

I have seen Yuri's fermenter, very nice. As my goal is to go commercial, I'm concerned about the pressure testing and calibration of a home made conical. I know it could be done but I'm wondering if my time could be better spent in other areas.. From what I have found so far though looks like I may need to get the regulations and have a go..

Dude... your brewery... is AWESOME!!!

Only one question so far after watching your tour video. I know it's none of my business, but how did you obtain/afford all that awesome stuff?

Excellent work so far! Prost! :mug:

Dude... your brewery... is AWESOME!!!

Only one question so far after watching your tour video. I know it's none of my business, but how did you obtain/afford all that awesome stuff?

Excellent work so far! Prost! :mug:

Cheers mate,

Ha well, It comes down to priority's. And I have worked shift work for the last 10 years.. I haven't had a decent sleep for a long long time..

come on, you know you're gonna end up building some kickass stainless fermenters too. and we all want more pics of what we cant have for ourselves. i'm just jealous cause your shop is bigger than my house and full of things i want.

come on, you know you're gonna end up building some kickass stainless fermenters too. and we all want more pics of what we cant have for ourselves. i'm just jealous cause your shop is bigger than my house and full of things i want.

Well it is looking that way, maybe some open top fermenters for now. More pics!! Have you checked out my webpage? I'll see what i can do. It's is large, I actually used to live in the attic..
Cheers..

That's it... I am moving to Australia to become an electrician! Great rig and congrats on being so awsome. :rockin:

Hey Brewers.
Small update,
I have spent the last few days in the shed hard at it.
Hopefully this will be the final assembly with a few mods along the way including a lauter grant tube and a hop strainer.

I'm now looking for fermenting options. There seems to be not much in Australia so i'm looking abroad. I'm after 4 of 150L - 200L stainless conical fermenters, I would like commercial quality and really don't have time to build them. Any help would be appreciated..

You might try John at http://conical-fermenter.com/ He takes custom orders. I have one of his fermenters and they are great. Tell him I sent you ;)

Back