looking for critique in Portland area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcinpdx

Reaction score
Hello - I am looking for some folks I can get critiques from in the Portland area. Being an official judge not necessary, but that would be cool too. I'm looking for constructive criticism to help me along with my brewing and you get free beer out of the deal!

Along the lines of kcinpdx I am looking for feedback also. I have a lot of beers and a few ciders that are aching for some feedback. I'll mail stuff for exchange.

I'm in SW PDX near Gabriel Park. I keg mainly, but just got a bottling set up so I can get beer to folks a bit easier. Shoot me a PM

Along the lines of kcinpdx I am looking for feedback also. I have a lot of beers and a few ciders that are aching for some feedback. I'll mail stuff for exchange.

If you want.. I'll provide feedback. I are in California currently... Former North Portland Boy ( St. John's). I can also have your beers tasted by some BJCP trainees. my Brewclub teaches the classes locally :)

I'll be in town the 23rd - 26th for OBF. I'd be happy to critique your beers. PM me and we can work out a time and place.

Maybe we should get a PDX Sampling group together. Meet once a month or something, bring some of your latest and greatest. Drink some brew and get some feedback??!?

Hey guys, I am a little late but was wondering if anyone is still up for or doing a PDX sampling group?
What about OBC or one of the other brewclubs here in Portland?

Hey guys. I live in Portland. I am down for tasting, exchanging, brewing. Message me if you're interested.

Should we try something in a few weeks? I have a 1080 beer in primary for almost a week and a half... figure maybe mid march ill have it kegged and we can try it

I'd suggest Brew Brothers. I would bet they'd be happy to accommodate some sampling. and exchange we could just do as we leave. I can ask if that is the place we choose. Unfortunately, Breweries are probably out of the question, but home brew shops would be a good idea in my mind. Maybe, U-Brew? Not sure if either of you will be out at Slurp N' Burp... But I will, might be a good spot too

wow - I started this thread soooo long ago.... I am definitely up for it - always looking fo some help!

Well, I am going to go out on a limb and say I may be able to host a modest gathering although my SWMBO will probably want to have a say in it!

I have a small stash left of my IPA's and a few assorted brews from past brew sessions! (2011 was a very lean year for brewing for me)

If some you guys are game let me know and I will see if I can convince my beautiful wife (in case she is reading this) to let me have some friends over to play!

i'll be down for that, KevinW!
we should plan something about 2-3 months from now so we can get some sort of a pipeline going for this.. so that'd be around late may?
my beers are going quite quickly... haha, i'll need to whip out a BMBF and fill up some bottles here soon before it's all gone.

that actually sounds fun - perhaps that plus a few bottles of whatever you might have around. My brewing right now is limited- finishing my MBA, about to move to Clackamas in a new house, and getting divorced all this month...... So what I am saying is I can use a beer or two.

woot! i'll have a neighbor! haha where in clackamas are you moving to? i'm over by the fred meyers on 82nd drive.

oh, and i'm down for the "style" brewing, we should keep it semi basic though.

eg, porter, under 1.050, under 50 ibus etc or something like that. or we can all pick a style?

those yeasts are only available till march :(
wanna roll with a basic one like 1968? or even a dry yeast too.

I'm up for whatever, that's the only reason I suggested those, as we won't be able to get them after this month. No matter.

OK so I think unless someone just decides something nothing will happen. so...

the yeast is 1968 and the gravity is 1.070. other than that it's game on!

We meet at the Muddy Rudder just off the bridge. on April 21st at 3pm. That is a Saturday afternoon. If there are any major problems let me know so we can get them worked out... I hope we get everyone to join in. :) Invite friends, brewing buddies, etc to join in.

I look forward to meet new friends and brewers next month! Happy Brewing! I am posting this to the Washington Oregon Refreshment Team on facebook as well so hopefully we get some others to join in from that group too.

I figure we share some beers and then trade in the lot and choose a winner via this msg board or facebook. Hopefully we decide we enjoy doing this and continue a critique group.

Cheers

I'm down! Now time to get planning... I may try to brew this up coming weekend. I have a Crap ton of simcoe and cascade so it will likely be an ipa of some sort. And Saturday works for me! I work Sunday mornings at 7a but its usually dead, so the hangover won't be abnormal Haha.

I love Muddy Rudder!!!
OK - I'll get planning and see what I can come up with.....

And I am moving to a neighborhood behind Mt Talbert Nature Park off of 122nd (not the Happy Valley side). As long as we close on time, I've got a nice house with a three bay brewing unit. Uh - I mean 3 car garage.

Was that an invite!? I'm bringing my equipment and moving in... hope you don't mind! ;)
Wait, that means youre gonna be next to belmont station, I'm bringing a cot.

I got my smack pack today... gonna make a nice big starter for some kind of dry rye ESB? yeah that's what i'm going for.

We are starting to have tasting events down in Salem. If you guys are interested we can set up a Friday night or Saturday to have people come. We have a 3 tap tower system and bar we built.

It would be a "Bring a beer, and enjoy what we have on tap" type deal.

If this sparks interest I'll work with my buddy about getting this going and getting whoever is interested more information. Feel free to PM me as well.

We are starting to have tasting events down in Salem. If you guys are interested we can set up a Friday night or Saturday to have people come. We have a 3 tap tower system and bar we built.

It would be a "Bring a beer, and enjoy what we have on tap" type deal.

If this sparks interest I'll work with my buddy about getting this going and getting whoever is interested more information. Feel free to PM me as well.

Certainly would interest me. I sometimes work in Salem. I generally always have beer around. If you set something up I'd definitely come down to check it out

I am posting this to the Washington Oregon Refreshment Team on facebook as well so hopefully we get some others to join in from that group too.

Who are these people that you speak of? I couldn't find em'

thx.

i would be interested in the salem GTG, however... thats a bit too far for me to have a few beers and head back to my place... lol.

and i'm running out tonight to get everything, then running out friday to get an immersion chiller, the years of no chill and doing a small "mini comp" had made me inspired to get a chiller finally :)

the batch should be about $40 or so, hope you guys enjoy!

Back