Gotta love the newspaper biz

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I swear, newspapers should have signs out front that say, "Crazies welcome."

Woman comes into our place today to get somebody to do a story on a man who is terrorizing her apartment complex. She is a loud talker, which is just perfect for our converted train station office that is all brick and has the sound qualities of a cave. Reverberates everywhere.

She says the man has been injuring tenants, yet claims nobody has gotten a good look at him. Sitting there with an arm in a sling, she says she has had multiple knee injuries and untold surgeries because of this ghost of a man.

To top it off, she says the latest incident resulted in her being found by police after "downing 100-some pills forced on me by this man." She says "we" have never really seen him, we apparently being herself and the odd assortment of personalities that reside in her 300-pound body. She doesn't seem to be a reputable source.

The poor reporter who had to deal with her looked like he would have put a gun in his mouth had one been available.

I swear, newspapers should have signs out front that say, "Crazies welcome."

Well, they did hire you didn't they. :p

Gotta love people like that. They make life more interesting. Gives you a whole new perspective. You can find them on public transportation, in laundromats, greasy spoons, at the police station...

Actually they usually find you, not the other way around.

Well, they did hire you didn't they. :p

Gotta love people like that. They make life more interesting. Gives you a whole new perspective. You can find them on public transportation, in laundromats, greasy spoons, at the police station...

Actually they usually find you, not the other way around.
Yes, they did hire me. Good point. You have to be a little off center to do this.

Most days, not much happens around here. But then you have days like today.

I got a 2-minute voice mail, anonymous of course, while I was away. Guy went on a rant about how the college hoops team I cover is full of thugs and the coach is an enabler, yadda, yadda. Called me names for covering the team. Moron didn't know we have caller ID. Man, was he stunned when I called him back.:)

Yes, they did hire me. Good point. You have to be a little off center to do this.

Most days, not much happens around here. But then you have days like today.

I got a 2-minute voice mail, anonymous of course, while I was away. Guy went on a rant about how the college hoops team I cover is full of thugs and the coach is an enabler, yadda, yadda. Called me names for covering the team. Moron didn't know we have caller ID. Man, was he stunned when I called him back.:)

SO did you call him back to interview him??? I would have loved to have heard the conversation.

SO did you call him back to interview him??? I would have loved to have heard the conversation.
Nah, just to let him get it off his chest and tell him he could be a bit more gracious next time. Never did give me his name. I hate when people do that. You want to call me names, at least have the balls to tell me who you are.

When I spout my opinion in the paper, my picture, name and email address are all there for consumption. I hate when people hide behind anonymity.

Bwahahahaha.....And I thought you were gonna say you were working on a story on the sexy ladies of curling...:D

Huphup... Sexiest ladies of curling doing hard rock vid (one of them acutally my ex:es boss:rockin:):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGLIuq0NQz0]YouTube - Hammerfall feat. Curling Team Sweden[/ame]

H

Henrik you are my hero...I had just come upon info about the video, and when I got outta google there it was..

Evidently this is one of the women on that team, from the sexy curling babes calendar I posted about yesterday.

curlingspolish_1.jpg

There's a curling center in Bridgeport...the Nutmeg Curling Club..they have a woman's club as well.
One up in Norfolk, too. Norfolk is known as the ice box of CT. Actually have a guy on staff who loves curling. He's a big soccer fan, too, so he's obviously strange.:cross:

EDIT: I won't ever go to Bridgeport. It's best seen while doing 100 mph on 95.

Henrik you are my hero...I had just come upon info about the video, and when I got outta google there it was..

Hey, it was pretty much recorded where I work(ed). Danderyd outside Stokholm. The bizarre thing is that curling is like a minute sport in Sweden. Still these girls/women/cougars (humph tidumtum...) deserver all the credit, beeing the best in the world at what they're doing and at the same time just flipping out doing what they're not supposed to. Credit in my book. Especially since they're doing it goooooood...

H

Props to the curling team but it is a silly song. Grown men singing in manly voices about Knights Templar??????

Evidently this is one of the women on that team, from the sexy curling babes calendar I posted about yesterday.

no coment, but that's how them average Swedish gilrs look when dressed for the cold winter...

H

One up in Norfolk, too. Norfolk is known as the ice box of CT. Actually have a guy on staff who loves curling. He's a big soccer fan, too, so he's obviously strange.:cross:

EDIT: I won't ever go to Bridgeport. It's best seen while doing 100 mph on 95.

HAHA.

Yeah, my younger brother worked for the newspaper in Bridgeport for a while as a photographer. He took me in to work once. Pretty scary town.

I thought Simsbury was the big deal in Ice skating rinks what with all the olympic athletes training there.

HAHA.

Yeah, my younger brother worked for the newspaper in Bridgeport for a while as a photographer. He took me in to work once. Pretty scary town.

I thought Simsbury was the big deal in Ice skating rinks what with all the olympic athletes training there.
Simsbury is. Norfolk is just the ice box because it's always 10 degrees colder than anyplace else in the state.

Does your bro still shoot for a paper?

Dude...one thing I learned, you don't mess with Swedish Heavy Metal....

ANyone remember the Leather Nun?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/LNlogo2.jpg/img]

[img]http://www.glyphjockey.com/pix07/leathernun.jpg/img]

[img]http://www.discogs.com/image/A-150-57535-001.jpg

I used to play them on my radio show back in the day.

The only thing I remember about Leather Nun was their awesome version of "Gimme Gimme Gimme" by Abba!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I remember about Leather Nun was their awesome version of "Gimme Gimme Gimme" by Abba!
God, I hate the Abba song. Even more now that my kids have become addicted to Mama Mia. There's something wrong with a 4-year-old singing "Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight."

I must have a talk with their mother.

Simsbury is. Norfolk is just the ice box because it's always 10 degrees colder than anyplace else in the state.

Does your bro still shoot for a paper?

Not lately. He got burned out on it. Kinda searching right now. Actually he is a telemarketer currently up in Portsmouth NH! :confused:

God, I hate the Abba song. Even more now that my kids have become addicted to Mama Mia. There's something wrong with a 4-year-old singing "Gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight."

I must have a talk with their mother.

Agh, terrible movie. SWMBO made us watch it last week!

Props to the curling team but it is a silly song. Grown men singing in manly voices about Knights Templar??????

All Swedish songs are silly (we're just after your money). Especially hard-rock tunes are bad. The bizzare thing is that Sweden's number one export is...music...

H

Sure are, and we'll need a local to keep our supposed arrogant American butts outta trouble - especially if we are traveling with Revvy

Arrogant american butts? I spent a freeking year in Boston. You americanos are not arrogant you're just...arrogant...;) If you're going to Sweden to mate (god frorgive) I just want to say you're way out of line. None of the big-boobed gourgeously shaped swedish sarecens will fall for you...Swedish meat is tougher than you think (yeah right...).

H

Back