Fell Down the Stairs...Now My Weekend's a Bust

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
Well, the title pretty much says it all. I was planning to get some stuff done around the brewery today but instead, the first thing I did today was fall down the stairs and tear a few ligaments in my knee, so, nothing doing around the brewery. Instead I got to spend 4 absolutely fabulous hours in the ER (for which I am sure I will get billed through the nose) and the rest of the day hobbling around on crutches and lying uncomfortably in bed.

Just needed to vent a little, someone brew something up extra for me.

Sorry for your fall man. I'm not brewing today, but I'll go pour a beer and drink one for you.

Sorry about the knee man. I hope it gets better. Watch the ibuprofen and beer though. Here's to you knee!

Sorry man. I'm not that far away, I'll come by with some homebrew and carry you over to cheaters or the foxy lady for a couple of dances. You dont need to be standing for that.....:ban:

Dude, I had the cooler loaded and was on my way out the door to your place...

notempties.JPG

But then a sudden urge to do some on-the-spot-sampling hit me...

empties.JPG

Sorry.

Get well soon.

So sorry to hear about your knee. What type of ligament damage - from experience I know they can be serious. If it is an ACL tear that needs reconstruction, the rehab is long and tedious and brewing will not be in your near future - you will definitely need a some nearby homebrewers to assist.

Bearcat Brewmeister said:
So sorry to hear about your knee. What type of ligament damage - from experience I know they can be serious. If it is an ACL tear that needs reconstruction, the rehab is long and tedious and brewing will not be in your near future - you will definitely need a some nearby homebrewers to assist.

Luckily it is my MCL, so not as serious as an ACL. As of now they don't think I will need surgery, gotta meet with the orthopedist next week to know for sure.

Thanks for all the well wishes gang, this is what I love about this board.

Very sorry to hear about your knee. I know how those feel, if I was closer I'd bring you a few brews.

Pisser, dude! Well, you'll just HAVE to relax on the couch this afternoon, gotta keep weight off from it... hmm, wonder if there's a game on?

TheJadedDog said:
Luckily it is my MCL, so not as serious as an ACL. As of now they don't think I will need surgery, gotta meet with the orthopedist next week to know for sure.

Good luck and here's hoping that surgery is not in your future:mug:

TheJadedDog said:

Best of luck to you.. Im not gonna share my story when they said it was "just my MCL". My advice is to find a good ortho, maybe two. Also have it elevated and on Ice as much as possible.

Ryanh1801 said:
Best of luck to you.. Im not gonna share my story when they said it was "just my MCL". My advice is to find a good ortho, maybe two. Also have it elevated and on Ice as much as possible.

We have a great Ortho clinic here in Providence and I am making an appointment there; I never trust those ER docs to actually know what they are talking about.

Turns out I've got 6 weeks in a brace, then the physical therapy starts. Small ligament tear, lots of soft tissue damage, and a pretty severe bone bruise to go along with a type II sprain. Looks like I may not be brewing without assistance for a few months (how sad is it that that is my biggest concern here).

Anyway, thanks for all the well-wishes guys.

TheJadedDog said:
Turns out I've got 6 weeks in a brace, then the physical therapy starts. Small ligament tear, lots of soft tissue damage, and a pretty severe bone bruise to go along with a type II sprain. Looks like I may not be brewing without assistance for a few months (how sad is it that that is my biggest concern here).

Anyway, thanks for all the well-wishes guys.
Sorry to hear that dude. How's your homebrew supply?

Count your blessings. A close friend of my wife fell down the stairs after celebrating the Monday night Packer win. He died of internal bleeding. He was 39 and it was his birthday.

Sorry to bum anyone out.

But if you read this then you're among the living and can still brew and drink.

Perfect excuse to build a sweet single tier - "But honey, I can't lift or carry anything, so I need these March pumps!

Having had my ACL completely sever at the tender age of 19, and the reconstructive surgery, I feel your pain, brother. Hope it goes smooth for you. :mug:

Back