Fajita versus Burrito

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need to, you just need to place a plate of mexican food (careful, plate is hot out of oven) in the secondary, and then rack on top of it. In a couple weeks you'll have a Burrito Ale. Very hard to distinguish from the Fajita Ale, but the bottle of the Fajita Ale doesn't roll, and the Burrito Ale does.

with such good explanations, this all makes sense!

I'm sure there was a purpose of utility behind the burrito. Since a good burrito can be a full meal wrapped in a tortilla.

you guys are all smoking crack if you think fajita = burrito.

Fajita is grilled meat in a soft tortilla with grilled onions and peppers....to which is sour cream, salsa, guac. is added.

Burrito is meat (varies) rice, beans, and the above-mentioned condiments, wrapped up in a soft tortilla.

Bill hit the nail on the head. If you think you might not want to pay attention to my opinion, check my location...

Yes, an enchilada is burrito covered in sauce.

A chimichanga, enchilada-style, is a deep fried burrito covered in sauce.

Anything else? :p

To be fair, with a few exceptions it's all tortillas, beans, rice, meat, avocado and sometimes cheese and/or sour cream in different arrangements...

Well, my wife was not keen on going out to eat. She wanted to eat up the chicken leftovers from the night before. So I bought a steak and made up some onions and peppers and made fajitas. Not as good as the burrito I was craving, but not bad with beans and rice and a homebrew IPA.

Plus I was fueled up for playing tunes on my booty horn the rest of the night.

Plus I was fueled up for playing tunes on my booty horn the rest of the night.

This is fantastic. I've never heard it put that way before, but it's fantastic. Did she demand an encore, or did you just do one out of the goodness of your heart (and ass)?

This is fantastic. I've never heard it put that way before, but it's fantastic. Did she demand an encore, or did you just do one out of the goodness of your heart (and ass)?

We've been married for 21 years. She is well used to ignoring me by now. I had fun trying to get different pitches. Here is a trombone. Here is a trumpet. That kind of thing.

As a lover of all things Mexican Food I feel I need to chime in here.

Burrito:
Flour tortilla rolled up with filling (meat, cheese, rice, beans, etc) Can be smothered or not. Sauce options would include red chili, chili verde, and Green chili.
* Now I know you are saying, "But Schemy chili verde and green chili are the same thing!" Oh, but they are not. Chili verde is made from tomatillos and is not that spicy. New Mexico/Colorado Green Chili (I say CO, because I grew up in SE CO and our Green Chili kicks the teeth out of any I ever had in NM) is made with green chilis, tomato, pork and is significantly spicier.

Fajita:
Grilled meats, peppers, onions. Served with pico de gaillo, creme, guac, and cheese if desired. Can add rice and beens if desired. Eaten like a taco.

Enchilada:
Filling rolled in a corn tortilla topped with a sauce. Traditional Red Sauce, Chili Verde, or Green Chili.

Tamale:
Masa dough wrapped in a corn husk (traditioinalist here) filled with choice of meats, cheese, vegetables. Steamed until cooked through. Can be served with salsa accompanyment or eaten plain. I like mine with pico.

Taco:
Meets eaten in a folded shell of either corn/flour tortilla served soft or crispy.

I'm sure I just stirred up the debate even more, but I likes me some mexican food.

Back