Finally got a Ward Labs test - Can anybody help me translate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopheadNJ

Reaction score
For the record, this is tap water in Northwest Morris County, NJ. Thanks!!!

WardLabsWaterReport.JPG

Nice water. May be a little more mineralized with Na, Mg, and Cl than you might want for a light lager of some sort. But its a decent starting point. The residual alkalinity might be a little problematic for light colored beers, but a very minor acid addition will easily correct that. For many styles, this will produce a fine beer.

Check out Bru'n Water for more guidance and tools for working with your tap water.

Nice water. May be a little more mineralized with Na, Mg, and Cl than you might want for a light lager of some sort. But its a decent starting point. The residual alkalinity might be a little problematic for light colored beers, but a very minor acid addition will easily correct that. For many styles, this will produce a fine beer.

Check out Bru'n Water for more guidance and tools for working with your tap water.

Bru'n Water is a serious spreadsheet...Gonna take some time to figure out the ins and outs of playing with my water.

Bruno water was to much for me. I would rather worth the number by hand. Nice water btw. Remember to triple the sulfate.

Back