Pricing used items

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billk911

Reaction score
I have 2 tanks that I want to sell but I have no idea how much to sell them for. I have a 20# and a 15# C02 tank. They are older but very heavy duty and in very good shape. What do you think I can get for each of these. BTW, I am guessing that is the size. The smaller one of the two has 22 1/2 lbs stamped on the neck. The bigger one is almost the size of a corny keg.

I just purchased a 5 lb tank off of CL. I got it for $20. Most of the 20 lb tanks I saw were for $50. If the smaller of the two had 22.5 stamped on it, I'd say the larger one is bigger than 20 lb. :)

That being said, you may want to check a welding supply store and ask their size opinion. I only say that b/c many stores who fill CO2 tanks don't really "fill" them. They simply exchange. If you have an odd size, it should be something your buyer is aware of before they make a purchase. If they can't exchange it 'cause it's an odd size... Then again, if their local store will actually fill it, it's a non- issue. Just my 2c.

Back