Wine kit sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summersolstice

Reaction score
For those of you who always wanted to try a wine kit, or for those looking to make another, Wine Making Warehouse is having a sale of all Mosti Mondiale wine kits with 35% off and free shipping. I ordered one over the weekend and it delivered today, halfway across the country. I've never tried Wine Making Warehouse before, nor have I ever tried Mosti Mondiale or an all juice kit. The 23L (six gallons) box shipped shipped as it came from the manufacturer and weighed 50 pounds.

Thanks for sharing the link! I've never used any of those kits. Are the packs that "come with raisins" designed to compare to the crushendo packs with the crushed grape skins?

How would you rate the wines?
Any favourites?
Any recommendations for kick a.. dry reds or whites?

I was really surprised when shipping to Hawaii is only + $20.
Of course I have heard that the yelds this year have been good, and demand is down causing the prices of wine grapes to collapse 70%.
Prices might get even better for cheap skates like me.
On a side note, you may be able to pick up a small wine estate as a hobby farm pretty cheap in a year or two. Of course your need cash because no banks will be lending, but that's off topic.

Thanks for the tip! If you consider you can ferment in those all juice buckets that would have been another $15 at the lhbs.

-OCD

I ordered the Amarone kit with raisins. This will be the fourth different Amarone I've made from the three different manufacturers. As you can see, I like Amarone! This kit comes with raisins and, yes, I think this is supposed to compare with the WE Crushendo kits. As far as I know, MM is the only manufacturer who makes a 23L all-juice kit. Most of the other top end kits are 16L-18L and you have to add water to get it up to 23L. I have to say that the box, at 50 pounds, is a real bear to move around and I dread trying to dump the plastic bladder full of 50 pounds of juice in the primary. I can't rate it because I've never made an MM kit. Everything I've read on other forums lead me to believe I'll be very happy with it in about 18-24 months.

Thanks so much for the heads-up. I have ordered their Chilean Carmenere kit. I have always wanted to try one-now is a good time.

I ordered the Amarone kit with raisins. This will be the fourth different Amarone I've made from the three different manufacturers. As you can see, I like Amarone! This kit comes with raisins and, yes, I think this is supposed to compare with the WE Crushendo kits. As far as I know, MM is the only manufacturer who makes a 23L all-juice kit. Most of the other top end kits are 16L-18L and you have to add water to get it up to 23L. I have to say that the box, at 50 pounds, is a real bear to move around and I dread trying to dump the plastic bladder full of 50 pounds of juice in the primary. I can't rate it because I've never made an MM kit. Everything I've read on other forums lead me to believe I'll be very happy with it in about 18-24 months.

I put bag in Primary and cut the sided with knife. other wise I seem to leave juice splash everywhere

Rack the juice out of the box into your fermenter until you can easily and safely lift the 23L bag (when it hits about 10L) ....

You can even use your auto siphon.

Back