StainlessBrewing.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usfmikeb

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky winners of the StainlessBrewing.com gift certificate giveaway a couple months back, and just received my order from them.

Overall Assessment: Would definitely order from them again!

Delivery Timing: Received 4 days after ordering online

Communication: Zach reached out to me about 36 hours after I placed my order to ask a question about a specific product I ordered. The unit comes in different sizes, and a smaller unit was available, which would cost less and result in lower shipping costs. How often do businesses do that?!?!

Product Quality: Product was exactly as described on the site, and everything looks awesome.

I've got to agree here. Zach was great to do business with and shipping was faster than the expectations set on his website. (Amazing speed for custom work!) He communicated extremely well on my order and the products I received were nothing short of fantastic. I ordered up one of his new 50' SS chillers and a 40 mesh SS hop spider. The spiders that he offers are of amazing quality and I can't wait to use mine.

I wouldn't even think twice about sending more work his way and probably will figure out something to do with my rig just so I can get more of his stuff!

One of the items I bought was a stainless hop spider, and used it today for the first time. Man, does that make dealing with large hop quantities easy!

I ordered a coil from stainlessbrewing not long ago and it came quickly. Great product and great service.

Bringing this thread back to give props to Zach at Stainlessbrewing. I ordered a ton of miscellaneous parts for my build and everything I got was quality. The prices were also some of the best out there. He even realized that my order would fit in a smaller USPS flat rate box and refunded me $20. He did that all on his own. He could have easily kept that money, mailed my stuff and I'd have never been the wiser. That's some kick A customer service!

I'll definitely order from stainlessbrewing again.

I ordered a stainless coil and I emailed back and forth a lot to figure out exactly how it was going to be. I got great customer service. When my order came I had two of the wrong fittings. I emailed Zach on a Friday afternoon and the right parts were here on Monday. Everything was of great quality. I would highly recommend them to anyone. The only thing I would say is if you are going to order a coil for a herms wait to you get it before you drill your holes in your HLT. It will save you a lot of headaches. 😀

I must tell you all what a great experience I had working through an order for a custom IC with Zach at stainlessbrewing. First of all the $20 off sale hit right at the peak of my shopping for a chilling solution. I read a ton of posts and finally realized that, for my rig and my personality I wanted the simplicity of an IC as opposed to plates or cfc. Maybe some day I'll have both (#2 would be plate probably). Anyhow what I wanted was a large coil diameter version 1/2" x 50' x 14" coil. We had 3 or 4 emails back and forth, all prompt and brief and exactly what I wanted arrived on my porch...

I have been doing "whirlpool hopping" at 185* in 15 gallon batches and I can barely turn the thing on before I get down to 185. I do have nice cold well water but this chiller cools the entire 15 gallons of wort in under 20 minutes...faster if I stir/whirlpool!

Just kidding with the first pic...my old chiller!

frankenchiller.jpg

chiller.jpg

Has anyone had experience with www StainlessBrewing.com? I was emailing one of their associates about the large hop spider availability and he said they had what I wanted in stock. I then placed my order on March 7th. They took my money and I have received no product, no ship notification, they won't answer emails, and they won't answer my voicemails. Concerned I just lost my money. Has anyone ordered from them before?

Did you pay by credit/debit card? If so, you have recourse by calling your card issuer and disputing the charge. I have no experience with that company though

Last edited:
I have ordered many things from them. They have always delivered, though I haven't ever really contacted them. Have you logged into the site to see the status of your order?

I have ordered many things from them. They have always delivered, though I haven't ever really contacted them. Have you logged into the site to see the status of your order?

I'll do that when I get home. On the site it indicated that the product was unavailable but this "Zach" from their sales department told me to place the order bc they had 2 that just weren't online. Once placed he would ship within 3 days. I placed the order and have been charged but have received no additional notifications. Emailed them twice and left one voicemail. I have a friend that lives in Mesa and I'm going to have him stop by their company tomorrow to ask them about it. At least now I know it's not a scam company since you have had success with purchases before.

I'll do that when I get home. On the site it indicated that the product was unavailable but this "Zach" from their sales department told me to place the order bc they had 2 that just weren't online. Once placed he would ship within 3 days. I placed the order and have been charged but have received no additional notifications. Emailed them twice and left one voicemail. I have a friend that lives in Mesa and I'm going to have him stop by their company tomorrow to ask them about it. At least now I know it's not a scam company since you have had success with purchases before.

I've also ordered from them a few times and been very happy with the products and reasonable shipping (cost and time). Unlike you, I have always received an order confirmation email as well as a order shipped email. The order shipped email usually comes back no later than 24 hours after ordering. Shipping has always seemed pretty standard ground length from Mesa - it's not Amazon prime speed for certain. I believe that Zach is owner and sole employee at stanlessbrewing, but maybe things have changed. Either way, I would not suspect that you'd come out behind with this company; they've always been good to me anyway. Keep us posted on how it works out for you because it can influence where I purchase fittings, camlocks, stainless tubing, and silicone tubing in the future.

Edit: based on everything you've said I would have expected it to arrive no later than March 17th. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it shows up tomorrow for you.

I've ordered a few times and never been happy with shipping speed. It takes me 1-1.5 weeks to get my stuff and I live 100 miles away.

On my last order Zach screwed up all the custom things I ordered after I contacted him and asked him how he wanted me to send my plans.

He has some good deals but you have to have some time to wait. Don't get in a hurry.

My cousin and me ordered our hop spiders from them a couple of years ago. We ordered ours together, but I can't remember if the shipping was slow or if we were just waiting for the spiders to be back in stock. Either way, it wasn't Amazon Prime shipping speed.

FWIW, I'm happy with my hop spider. I'd probably order from them again, but keep us posted on how your experience goes. Best of luck.

My cousin and me ordered our hop spiders from them a couple of years ago. We ordered ours together, but I can't remember if the shipping was slow or if we were just waiting for the spiders to be back in stock. Either way, it wasn't Amazon Prime shipping speed.

FWIW, I'm happy with my hop spider. I'd probably order from them again, but keep us posted on how your experience goes. Best of luck.

So far everyone seems to have had luck. I emailed again and called again but still no response. Because people say it's a one man company I am starting to wonder if something happened to him?? Kind of weird based everyone else's experience.

GOT MY SHIP NOTIFICATION. So that's good. Should be here Thursday. Was hoping to get it in time for TSP/90 soak & pacification of the whole system since the entire AG set up is brand new :) should be brewing soon!

I've ordered from them several times. Their hop straining stuff is great and they have decent prices in on threaded fittings. I ordered a bunch of camlocks and a chugger from them a few weeks ago and put it to use on Sunday. Shipping is slow, though, so don't order from them if you are planning to brew in a few days. I'd assume at least a week, probably more like 10 days, to get your order. I think once or twice, I didn't even get a shipping confirmation and the site still said processing and then the order showed up.

Passivation with TSP/90? Didn't know that stuff did that?!

Anyway, I just ordered about $200 worth of items from them, one of them including a custom sized HERMS coil. So, we'll see how long it takes for him to make and ship that out with the rest of the items.

You get your order? Still waiting to hear about shipping or see my stuff in the mail. Not concerned about it getting here, just wondering when.

Also, please elaborate on the TSP passivation/cleaning

Passivation with TSP/90? Didn't know that stuff did that?!

Anyway, I just ordered about $200 worth of items from them, one of them including a custom sized HERMS coil. So, we'll see how long it takes for him to make and ship that out with the rest of the items.

TSP/90 does the precleaning then you perform passivation with 1 oz Star San per gallon of water used.

Cool. Got my shipping notification yesterday. Not too bad a turnaround time considering custom HERMS coil.

I'm in AZ and know Zach personally. He seems to be a good guy and is an active participant in the homebrewing community here. I have ordered fittings and a stainless hop spider from them and am very pleased with the price and quality of the items, but their order processing is definitely not Amazon-speed. Glad to hear your items are satisfactory!

Last edited:
I'm in AZ and know Zach personally. He seems to be a good guy and is an active participant in the homebrewing community here. I have ordered fittings and a stainless hop spider from them and am very pleased with the price and quality of the items, but their order processing is definitely not Amazon-speed. Glad to hear your items are satisfactory!

For a while I was getting concerned bc I couldnt get him to respond. Once I found out it was a one man operation it made a lot more sense. Thinking of ordering a custom 5" coil for my big mouth bubbler for temperature control. Use an SS pump and temp unit with it. Not sure what he'd charge for that though.

Just ask. He already has the cheapest HERMS coils around, then the fact that he will custom size it for you for no additional charge is pretty awesome. And their cam locks are the cheapest or just as cheap as anywhere else...I guess when its just one person you don't have too many outside expenses to pay before you make your profit, so you don't have to upcharge as much.

Yeah he does have a great price on herms coils. I use quick disconnects from BargainFittings.com and they're fantastic and extremely cheap.

Just wanted to add an update...

My order looks great, and the HERMS coil is top notch quality, except about 4 feet short. Each individual loop is just under 3' long (10" diameter), and my 25' long HERMS coil has 8 loops. At 10" diameter each loop is 31.4", so I should have gotten one more loop which would have put it a bit over 24', but less than 25'. That's my only complaint. And yes I am taking into account the bends at the ends, they are only a few inches each.

Matt I literally just installed my HERMS coil from Stainless on my SS Brew Tech 15 gallon kettle. System is on my instagram @szaleski

I want to apologize to everyone that had a long delay with their order, especially SZaleski. I do remember talking with you and feel horrible it took so long for you to get the Hop Spider when I told you otherwise. I haven't had enough time to build up and inventory of them so they're currently being made as ordered and the last few weeks really kicked my ass! We were so far behind that all of the phone calls and emails I was getting were preventing me from knocking out the orders and getting them shipped as quick as possible. I decided to stay outside and weld, roll coils and pack orders so I'm not sitting on everyone's money but it turned out to be a bad decision not communicating with my customer's. We'll be looking to hire again soon and possibly become an active vendor here on HBT as well to stay in touch with everyone. I haven't been on here for awhile but just deleted my inbox so I can accept emails again.

It's all good man. When I found out, from the good people on this forum, how small of a company it was it all made sense. The quality of the products I received was definitely top notch though. Very pleased with them.

Quality was definitely top notch. Thanks for getting me my order for a custom sized coil fast Zach! (even if it is a few feet short :) )

[edit] Just now received a shipped notice, so I guess stainlessbrewing.com is still chugging along...

Cheers!

No it is not. The shipping on my item was definitely slow. The quality is top notch and worth every penny. I have ordered two more items since and received them very quickly.

I was remiss in not posting this two weeks ago, but Life...

Anyway, a healthy slug of bling arrived from Stainlessbrewing, and that hex is just so nicely formed I had to show it off (in a tragically blurry pic :drunk:) before it disappears inside a HLT.
stainlessbrewing.jpg

Good stuff.

Tonite a trio of 20 gallon G1 Blingmann kettles are going to grow a bunch of holes...

Cheers! ;)

Last brew I realized my collection of nylon hop pellet bags had finally reached the end of their lives: they literally would not drain without squeezing, and when I did squeeze them they swelled before finally jets of wort would shoot out.

Then I found out my LHBS wants $4.50 for new ones. Woof!
Some batches need 5 bags - that's a lot of scratch for friggin' nylon - and heaven help my wallet on a double brew day!

So...I pulled the trigger and ordered a 6-5/8" x 18" SS spider from stainlessbrewing.com.
It shipped within 3 days and arrived in perfect condition (good packaging). The workmanship on this is excellent as well - the welding is impressive and it was plumb and square.

I trimmed the screen so the bottom just barely clears the step on my 10g Blichmann boil kettle bottom - I wanted to maximize the boil turbulence to keep the contents of the spider churning.

Also, the three metal rods shipped with short pieces of silicone tubing on the ends - at first thought I figured they were just to keep the rods from stabbing through the shipping carton. Turns out you can use three of those to keep the rods from falling off the spider, and the other three to protect humans from catching a rod end in the face.

After giving it a good washing just out of GPs I used it for the first time today and it was a revelation. Very little of the pellets got through the mesh, the boil really kept it churning like a percolator, and it took two minutes to hose out/off.

hop_spider_2.jpg

hop_spider_3.jpg

No more loading, tying, tea-bag-dunking, untying and cleaning hop bags. I'm a fan!

Cheers! :mug:

Back