Words and phrases that are fun to say

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of anatomy is fun to say... Even the clean anatomy words!

Jejunum
Sphincter
Cerebellum
Hippocampus
Microbes
Feces. And 'I hate feces to pieces'. Both fun.

Lots of words are fun to say when pronounced with a touch of hillbilly too:
Rasslin' (wrestling)
Feesh (Fish)
Shooooooooooooot (shoot)

707 said:
Lots of anatomy is fun to say... Even the clean anatomy words! Jejunum Sphincter Cerebellum Hippocampus Microbes Feces. And 'I hate feces to pieces'. Both fun. Lots of words are fun to say when pronounced with a touch of hillbilly too: Rasslin' (wrestling) Feesh (Fish) Shooooooooooooot (shoot)

We have guys that say the hillbilly ones so now I say them because I think it's funny.

Earl (oil)
Murders (motors)
Fur (fire)

Are you pulling my leg? (do people even say that anymore?)

similarly: Are you yanking my chain?

I also find amusement in;
Plethora
Cornucopia
and of course, who could forget - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

I told a coworker one day that the tripe he was spewing was nothing more than a plethora of lies. He didn't understand and from then on would periodically ask "Are you being a plethora of lies?"

There's a bunch of fun words for you ;)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this since we're all brewers but anything in German is pretty fun to say. For example:

Reinheitsgebot!

just last week I told a coworker that "if you ain't yelling at someone in German at least once a day, then you're doing it wrong.":rockin:

When my kids were younger and getting in trouble, I would often revert to swearing in German so they wouldn't know what I was saying. I still do it with our dogs!

When my kids were younger and getting in trouble, I would often revert to swearing in German so they wouldn't know what I was saying. I still do it with our dogs!

Neat. I wish I could swear in German. What are some of your favorites?

I can't speel good, but: "fich dich!" "sheisskopf" "sheisse" and on occasion I've told people to "essen mein sheisse!" I used to know more and some things in Polish too. but being out of school for almost 20 years and the odd beer or two, I can't remember.

Here's a few:

Arschloch - a$$hole
Schwanz - male genitalia
Muschi - female genitalia
Titten - boobs
Ficken - fvk
Kotzbrocken - son of a ***** or pain in the a$$
Trottel - fool or moron
Sturer - stubborn or pigheaded (applied often to our 16yr old Pugapoo)
Scheisse - ****
Pisse - pee

There are many more and the online translators are pretty good going from English to German (Deustch) and back again, which is why I stopped with the kids after they started using computers and learning translation programs.
Still use it on the dogs, though.

Hey Subsailor, is that a breaching submarine, or are you just super happy to have some homebrew?

I like using British terminology and slang. It's even more entertaining when using ones more Americans aren't readily familiar with (everyone knows "wanker", "bollocks", "bloody", "getting pissed", etc, although I do make wanton use of all of em)

My current fav's are calling people muppets, "queue up", and referring to ALL desserts as "pudding". I need to start referring to weight in stone.

Ooooh good ones, let's not forget Cockney rhyming slang

you've got a bit of "Harry" on your chin
off to have a "Barkley's"
coar, look at the "Bristols" on that on
blimey, that vindaloo has me "bottle" on fire

And for those of you who have no idea, I'm not telling :ban:

Back