NOv 7 NHD Teach a friend to brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to be brewing on that day, although I haven't decided just what yet. This weekend was reserved for cleaning, did a full disassembly, pbw soak, rinse and star-san on six of my kegs. Also mopped the keezer and flushed the lines.

Anyway, for nov. 7th I'll be brewing and I'm trying to put together a group brew day. So far I (tentatively) have two other brewers with 10g all grain systems who will be there. I'm trying to drum up some more interest.

Last year I hosted a group brew for teach a friend to brew day, we had three people brewing and a number of drop ins throughout the day, all in the pouring rain. :D

extreme3.jpg

Edit: Any nor cal/chico brewers are welcome to drop in, shoot me a PM

I've been slowly gathering the equipment to brew, and I think I've finally got just about everything I need to brew my first batch. Even though I'm in no position to teach a thing about brewing, I thought this day would be as good as any to have a friend over to help with my first brew.

Then again, maybe I'd do better to look up the local homebrew club and watch them do it before trying it the next weekend.

I'm hosting at my place for the 10th year in a row. If anyone in the Eugene OR area wants to attend, shoot me a PM.

I'll be a couple thousand miles from home in Chicago, and I'm attending a beer festival that day. I'll drink commercially made barrel aged beer in honor of the brewers who got started as homebrewers.

I'm holding a brew day that day for my friends and I. We're going to be making 3 extract batches. Should be a good time.

I'm using this day as an excuse to get yet another friend into home brewing. He's buying his starter homebrew set and I'm bringing my gear for him to use for the first batch (to help spread out the start up cost). Before he knows it he'll be up to his neck in fermenters and kegs. :)

My brew club is site #18 on the list. We are the Elk Grove Brewer's Guild located just outside of Sacramento, CA. We are brewing on Friday evening (that is when we host the majority of our events). Send me an email if you are interested in coming by.

[email protected]

For anyone in the central/southern NJ Area, The Brewers Apprentice(in Freehold) will be hosting an event/demo and we will be brewing either an All Grain brew or a PM. The event is free and is BYOB.

Maybe I'll push my brewday back another weekend and try and round up a friend. But all my friedns care about is drinking the beer, not making it :(

Back