slow slow fermentation question !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheaYaAt

Reaction score
i pitched my 2 packets of dried (rehydrated) yeast 2 days ago exactly. did it at 81 degrees F. when i threw the rehydrated yeast in i had like 2 inches of yeast sludge. it was goin crazy! and aerated the **** out the bucket !! 6 hours after, it started to show signs in the airlock. like a few little bubbles every 20 sec. ok Great !!! well ...... here it is 1 day and 18 hours later and it has not changed. so i opened the bucket and there is a very small layer is bubbles on top the wort???? very small. like i can see the wort perfectly. anything ???? also the yeast was muntons gold and up to date ! thanks -Lee

What exactly are you asking here?

This sounds like a pretty normal fermentation to me. Sometimes a huge krausen forms and sticks around, sometimes it doesn't. Be patient, your beer should turn out fine. RDWHAHB.

well i got the temp down to a steady 70 - 71 degrees F. i just pitched the yeast at 80. basically there is no life. here it is almost 3 days later and i got like 30 little bubbles floating over the wort. sorry if i am a nervous wreck! thanks again

Do you have a hydrometer? If all else fails, you can always pick up a packet of dry yeast from you LHBS and repitch. Just keep in mind that the more you keep opening the fermenter, the more chances you allow for infection. Odds are the it's fermented but you'll need to test it with a hydrometer to make sure.

yep, take a hyrdometer reading if you are worried. two packets of yeast is a lot and there could have been a very fast fermentation. other than that, just relax and give it a week in the primary.

Latest posts

Back