So I took Inventory Last Nite...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
And I guess things kind of crept up on me.

A few back-to-back bulk orders. A coordinated hops order from HopsDirect, a Midwest gift card put to good use, and a spontaneous visit to the LHBS...

Looks like I need to brew more...real fast.
Current Inventory.jpg

Wow. I have to ask, though, what do you plan on doing with ten pounds of pale chocolate?

Chad

BierMuncher said:
And I like low IBU beers....go figure...:D

You could always start aging the hops for your friendly neighborhood pLambic brewer. Or you could have the foresight to see that you will eventually brew a pLambic when you come over to the Dar....Sour side. :D

Chad said:
Wow. I have to ask, though, what do you plan on doing with ten pounds of pale chocolate?

Chad
It's one of those things where a 10# bag was just a couple bucks more than a five.

I do have a mild brown, a sweet stout, dry stout and some Schillings on deck.

Have you used the pale chocolate yet? Jamil raves about that stuff, but the only place I can find it online is morebeer (and I'd rather buy from AHS or NB, if not locally).

the_bird said:
Have you used the pale chocolate yet? Jamil raves about that stuff, but the only place I can find it online is morebeer (and I'd rather buy from AHS or NB, if not locally).

Yeah, what is the deal with that? NB sponsors his show and he says it is irreplaceable in some recipes yet NB doesn't carry it.

I bought some and used it in my Northern English Brown, Jamil's recipe except I added more than he calls for (apparently I can't do fractions). It is a very good beer, just the right touch of roast.

I just had to give a yell when I saw you had posted a thread today, I am about to go take a keg of your centennial blonde out of the fridge and start bottling it up, and I can't wait to taste it. It looks fantastic. It was clear and golden and beautiful when I was racking it into the keg.

rabidgerbil said:
I just had to give a yell when I saw you had posted a thread today, I am about to go take a keg of your centennial blonde out of the fridge and start bottling it up, and I can't wait to taste it. It looks fantastic. It was clear and golden and beautiful when I was racking it into the keg.
Excellent. You're making me thirsty.

Make sure the bottles are good and chilled.

BierMuncher said:
Excellent. You're making me thirsty.

Make sure the bottles are good and chilled.

Ugh... bottles...
This will be the third batch in a week that I have bottled, and I have one more to go, EdWort's Haus Pale. I have to finish bottling tonight and tomorrow morning, so that I can deliver 8 cases of beer to the reception hall tomorrow afternoon, for my brothers wedding on Saturday.

rabidgerbil said:
Ugh... bottles...
This will be the third batch in a week that I have bottled, and I have one more to go, EdWort's Haus Pale. I have to finish bottling tonight and tomorrow morning, so that I can deliver 8 cases of beer to the reception hall tomorrow afternoon, for my brothers wedding on Saturday.
Let us know how the beers are received.

Need pictures of the reception too. :D

I have slight hop hording problem, but I wont have to buy any for the next couple years & I have plenty of them to trade :)
010108GrainInv1.JPG

The grains are not so bad, I just got the 100 lbs of 2 Row
010108GrainInv.JPG

rabidgerbil said:

+1
I have 10G that I brewed two weeks ago, I am going to put it in a couple cornys tomorow and get some O2 on it. Cant wait to try it
I am planning on it being good, I stocked up on the Cascade and Centenial hops

SuperiorBrew said:
+1
I have 10G that I brewed two weeks ago, I am going to put it in a couple cornys tomorow and get some O2 on it. Cant wait to try it
I am planning on it being good, I stocked up on the Cascade and Centenial hops

Man... this beer is FANTASTIC...
I crash cooled it in my beer fridge for about a week, and it is crystal clear,
nice, light, easy drinking, not too hoppy, and the most incredible golden color.

Definitely brewing another batch of this to keep for myself.

BierMuncher said:
Looks like I need to brew more...real fast.

You gotta be freakin' kidding me. You need to brew more in the same way that Kim Jong Il needs to tighten up his borders.

Well, I guess a couple of dozen more carboy and kegs couldn't hurt at this point, could it? There must be some place where you can stash it. For instance, you could take the legs off the kitchen table and put some carboys in their place! There's probably a lot of unused space just waiting to be claimed in the kitchen cupboards where all that annoying food is, right? Your wife isn't still hanging clothes in the closet, is she? That's gotta stop. C'mon, get creative!

:cross:

SuperiorBrew said:
I have slight hop hording problem, but I wont have to buy any for the next couple years & I have plenty of them to trade :)
010108GrainInv1.JPG

The grains are not so bad, I just got the 100 lbs of 2 Row
010108GrainInv.JPG

Want to sell some of the Saaz?

Joe Dragon said:
...What on earth do you do with all the beer you brew?...
I never travel anywhere (neighbors, in-laws house,etc...) without taking a cooler of homebrew. It seems to be pretty popular. Remember, I brew beer that's pretty appealing to the "masses" and lower in alcohol. I don't ever have BMC in stock. Mine is a beer-drinking household and just a few freinds over for an evening, we can cruise through a "case" of beer pretty easily.

If I were brewing big IPA's or imperial stouts, the consumption rate would be a lot lower.

I have a lot of bottles on hand. When you bottle up 20-30 beers out of every 10-gallon batch, the cornies empty a lot faster.

Someone I know picked up some bulk grains for me last night (saved me a 1-hr round trip to downtown) and I'm gonna drop him a sixer as a thank you.

For me, beer is legal tender.

BierMuncher said:
Someone I know picked up some bulk grains for me last night (saved me a 1-hr round trip to downtown) and I'm gonna drop him a sixer as a thank you.

For me, beer is legal tender.

I picked up a bunch of grain last night at the Tap Room too. Dammit, that sixer could have been mine! ;)

We had a good time hanging out in the cellar. :mug:

I bolded the important part in my original post below, and at this time I would only trade for something that I am missing in my stash :D

Ryanh1801 said:
Want to sell some of the Saaz?
Mustangj said:
shunoshi said:
X3 :rockin: I'd take some of that Hallertau off your hands as well
SuperiorBrew said:
I won’t have to buy any for the next couple years & I have plenty of them to trade

shunoshi said:
X3 :rockin:

I'd take some of that Hallertau off your hands as well. :D

And to think I was proud of my little collection of 22 oz. of assorted hops in my freezer the other day. :rolleyes:

Wow is the Hallertau hard to find? Good thing I bought some! That and teh Fuggles.

zoebisch01 said:
Wow is the Hallertau hard to find? Good thing I bought some! That and teh Fuggles.

Yeah, I'm having difficulty finding them. I bought up some Fuggles and Tettnang, but couldn't find Hallertau and Saaz at the time. :(

SuperiorBrew said:
I bolded the important part in my original post below, and at this time I would only trade for something that I am missing in my stash :D

I did not see cash in the list. :p

Belgian's the way to go, for sure. Being of mostly Belgian/French heritage, I feel that it's my obligation, no duty.

Anyway, I'm in the same boat, so I guess we'll just have to be creative.. :ban:

BierMuncher said:
Let us know how the beers are received.

Need pictures of the reception too. :D

Well, people loved all the beers. The bartender even asked me to brew for her upcoming wedding. Her fiancee was one of the chefs, he makes his own wine, and he loved the beer too. Apparently the serving staff decided to sample a few of the home brews so that they would know what they were serving, and once the found out I was the brewer, they all felt the need to come over and tell me how good they thought it was.

The Centennial Blonde and Edworts Haus Pale were both VERY popular. My bridgeport blue heron clone was also a big hit. This one (your centennial blonde) is definitely getting brewed again VERY soon...:mug:

Amarillo hops 8 oz
Centennial hops 8 oz
Chinook hops 4 oz
Fuggle hops 8 oz
Hallertauer hops 8 oz
Magnum (US) 1 lb
Mt. Hood hops 4 oz
Nugget hops 4 oz
Perle hops 8 oz
Simcoe hops 8 oz
Sorachi Ace hops 1lb
Sterling hops 4 oz
Willamette hops 8 oz

rabidgerbil said:
...The Centennial Blonde and Edworts Haus Pale were both VERY popular. ...This one (your centennial blonde) is definitely getting brewed again VERY soon...:mug:
That's nice to hear.

One thing about the Centennial Blonde...chics dig it. :D

Back