Great Taste of the Midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeple2000

Reaction score
Anyone going to the Great Taste this year? Tickets go on sale this Sunday. You could always try your luck in the mail lottery on Monday if you can't wait in line.

I was lucky enough to score in the lottery. My dad waited outside, in line for six hours and was 20 people from the front when they sold out. Needless to say, he was bummed. At least he's got my second ticket!

I wish they'd come out with the brewer/beer list before the event so we could make a plan of attack, though.

Not much longer now.

They always release the program like the week before. So, keep checking the website around aug 1st.

My co-worker ended scoring brewer passes. She even gets to go in before the general public. Oh how I envy her right now.

Just won a pair of tickets on twitter. Now I just need to find a (man)date. Also, transportation and/or lodging.

Wouldn't have thought winning tickets would be the easy part

m_stodd said:
Just won a pair of tickets on twitter. Now I just need to find a (man)date. Also, transportation and/or lodging.

Wouldn't have thought winning tickets would be the easy part

Where do you live?

unfortunately i think our car's maxed. if you're in a jam tho let me know, might be able to make room.

unfortunately i think our car's maxed. if you're in a jam tho let me know, might be able to make room.

Thanks. Worse comes to worse, I'll just badger bus it. We should attempt to meet up there though, I'm going to try to make a plan this year when the program comes out, or at least make note of special tappings.

I'm leaving for Madison in about 4 hours. Probably hit glass nickel or something. Great taste eve is a blast as well. Dangerous tho ;)

I've already met (sort of) motobrewer since we happen to both work at JCI, but I'd like to meet up with the rest of you also. Don't know if you're on twitter or whatever, but I'm mstodd66 on twitter, and m_stodd on untappd

I'm looking for drinking partners since I may be going by myself; I've still not found someone else worthy of the other ticket I won!

I've already met (sort of) motobrewer since we happen to both work at JCI, but I'd like to meet up with the rest of you also. Don't know if you're on twitter or whatever, but I'm mstodd66 on twitter, and m_stodd on untappd

I'm looking for drinking partners since I may be going by myself; I've still not found someone else worthy of the other ticket I won!

I'm not exactly by myself, but not with a group either. PM me for my phone number, and we'll try to meet if you want!

I'll be there for my first time. I get the added treat/danger of starting at 11:00 with an early entry pass. Delighted to say the least.

I met a ton of HBT people, but NONE of you guys, unfortunately! I tried to text M_stodd back several times, but we never did manage to meet up.

I had a great time, caught up with some of my brewer friends as well as some people I knew from other events in the past. I saw people I knew from Ohio, for example- yet never bumped into local people that I knew were there.

Sometimes it's a very small world!

I had a great time with both old(ish) and new friends. The beer was great, and the weather was perfect. Hopefully I will get the chance to do it again sometime.

OK, was the Silent Disco awesome or what?

The only problem is that my headphones seemed to be 1/2 beat off from everyone else. That's the only thing I can think of that would explain my poor dancing.

well. sh*t got pretty real. congrats, everyone, for getting out alive.

layout was terrible this year. just terrible. last year layout was the best, hands down.

I agree on layout. The 600 tent was way out of place and bells and goose island blocking way between tents. Anyone try bells mad scientist ale? Was that hot or what

OK, was the Silent Disco awesome or what?

The only problem is that my headphones seemed to be 1/2 beat off from everyone else. That's the only thing I can think of that would explain my poor dancing.

The Silent Disco was awesome. I took video, because I simply couldn't explain it otherwise.

I didn't attempt to dance. I was happy I could walk.

Oh, and m_stodd, I just found out that it wasn't you I was texting. That's probably why you didn't call me back. It was a random person, and I texted things like "I'm in front of real ale", "Meet me at booth 111?" etc. Yesterday, I got a text saying, "Who the hell are YOU?" and it wasn't from m_stodd. :drunk:

I was there and agree the layout could have been better. It's problematic though with so many breweries and people to fit it all in.

I lost track of what I sampled and eventually lost my lunch unfortunately. First time I've ever gotten sick from drinking and I've been at it for 15 years.

Oh well, can't wait till next year though!

Back