Need advice quick!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
So I'm about to bottle a 3 gallon batch...problem is I don't have a bottling bucket (i'm using it as a fermenter bc I got overjelous)

I've got a 3 gallon plastic water bottle I could use but I'm worried that with the priming sugar it'll be too much for the bottle....

Or I can sanitize my aluminum boil kettle and use it but I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not.....

what do you think I should do?

I've got my bottles soaking in sanitizer....need to do this tonight to help organize some stuff

THANKS

With only 3 gals you're not going to use more than 3 oz of Corn Sugar to prime your brew. You should have PLENTY of room in there.

Go for the 3 gal fermenter you have on hand...and go buy more equipment
tomorrow...but not another bottling bucket.:D

homebrewer_99 said:
go buy more equipment
tomorrow...but not another bottling bucket.:D

I would if I didn't have -4.37 in my account!!

Ok I'll try it out...Thanks!

unfortunatly I have a J-O-B....i'm just B-roke..

on another note....

annnnnnnnddddd.......................done!

Bottled my strawberry IPA...pretty tasty! I was worried it was infected but I think everything is cool...

and transfered my impromptu Amer Wheat (from the bottling bucket) to the bucket.....

I also cleaned up the brewery..........under duress from my girlfriend

Have a few friends over for a few homebrews and ask for a donation, or charge them to use the cup. This way it is legal. (You can't sell homebrew without a permit) Then you can get anohter bucket!

haha well the "brewery" is our spare room which we use as a study.....my parents are coming to town this weekend so we were cleaning up stuff..

That is a thought of mine though.....to have a "brew shed" some day...man oh man that would be sweet!

Back