2007 Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rdwj said:
Ya, you can't get much better than Big Papi for your utility. I have Cecil Fielder's kid - Prince. His numbers look pretty impressive and he can play 1st for me too. I was a bit worried about drafting a pure dh.
I wouldn't consider MiniCecil a slam dunk yet but that's a good pick. I think he is going to be a very good fantasy guy, even with the Brewers. ;)

I really wanted to take Matsuzaka or Papelbon but I was obviously too late. I picked Chris Carpenter and Matsuzaka went next. SOB!!!! Thats OK though, I always am afraid I'm being a homer when I pick Sox guy high in the draft. Papi is a no-brainer though. I just wish I had him and ManRam 1-2. That'd be nasty.

My internet was hardcore intermittent for most of the draft but the computer did a pretty OK job for me, other than leaving me closer-free! I've got to make a few calls to some scouts to see who's the leading candidates on a few teams. :D Should find something.....

Fiery Sword said:
I wouldn't consider MiniCecil a slam dunk yet but that's a good pick. I think he is going to be a very good fantasy guy, even with the Brewers. ;)

I really wanted to take Matsuzaka or Papelbon but I was obviously too late. I picked Chris Carpenter and Matsuzaka went next. SOB!!!! Thats OK though, I always am afraid I'm being a homer when I pick Sox guy high in the draft. Papi is a no-brainer though. I just wish I had him and ManRam 1-2. That'd be nasty.

My internet was hardcore intermittent for most of the draft but the computer did a pretty OK job for me, other than leaving me closer-free! I've got to make a few calls to some scouts to see who's the leading candidates on a few teams. :D Should find something.....

Ya, I don't think he's a slam dunk either, but he was the best available when I got around to picking a utility guy. It's certainly not my team's strength - lol.

I've got an extra closer - let me know if you're interested

I put Big Z at the top of my draft because I have a feeling he's going to be balls-out this year. Once he gets that contract locked in, he's going to be working his arse off to prove it. Having Piniella as a coach will be PERFECT for him, instead of Dusty Qualude. Zambrano needs a hot head to control him, since he's such a hot head. They'll either kill each other or Z will respect the hell out of him.

Either way, I feel 16 wins coming out of him this year.

Cheesefood said:
I put Big Z at the top of my draft because I have a feeling he's going to be balls-out this year. Once he gets that contract locked in, he's going to be working his arse off to prove it. Having Piniella as a coach will be PERFECT for him, instead of Dusty Qualude. Zambrano needs a hot head to control him, since he's such a hot head. They'll either kill each other or Z will respect the hell out of him.

Either way, I feel 16 wins coming out of him this year.

Z was a nice pick. As a fan of his team, I can see where you'd want him under contract, but there is nothing quite like a contract year to get big production from a player.

rdwj said:
Ya, I don't think he's a slam dunk either, but he was the best available when I got around to picking a utility guy. It's certainly not my team's strength - lol.

I've got an extra closer - let me know if you're interested

I am interested......

Alright, I think i sent you an email too...

Do our rosters get locked for a whole week? I was looking at the calander and every monday it says rosters are locked. Just want to make sure ive got this right.

Just looked up the official rules and found info i was lookin for......Nevermind, that is how it goes.

The deadline for setting your roster for each week is 30 minutes before the start of the first game of the week. Usually the first game of the week occurs on a Monday (1:00 sometimes, 6, 7, others....), but not always. If, for whatever reason, the first game of the week occurs on Wednesday at 7:00PMet, your roster is frozen at 6:30PMet on that same day.

Sunday are the last days for every period.

Wow...PaleAle teams reminds me A LOT of South Side Chicago circa 2005.

Is it too late to draft the Ligue family as back-up hitters for your team?

Cheesefood said:
Wow...PaleAle teams reminds me A LOT of South Side Chicago circa 2005.

Is it too late to draft the Ligue family as back-up hitters for your team?

I might get them as special guests when we go head to head. They can take out big Z for me. Are you going to get that guy that rips hats off of opponents pitchers in the dugout?

Go Tigers( They just beat up on your yankees). Im pretty much set for the first week as long as Mauer is healthy.

Now how does a 3-3 tie constitute being beat up? Did you see who we had playing? I can't wait for baseball season to start. Footballs over and I can't watch pro BB.

The day before they tied, they won 6-2. Thats the game i was referring to. I didnt watch either game or read much about them. Guy at work just tole me they beat them 6-2 the other day.

Im with you, I cant wait for the season to start. I wanted to get some tickets to see the tigers play the yanks, but they sold out in a couple hours. I have tickets to the oakland game in august. I'll probably go to a couple other games too.

Well, it's baseball season checkered-flag time! Enough with this March Madness crap. Good luck to all.....

....btw the tenth team, Gphizzle, said that he'd jump into the beer-wager if it was OK with everyone. Apparently getting you balls busted for being the only non-participant was enough to sway him. :D if you guy think it's OK, that will make all 10 teams in on the wager. Thanks a nice bounty of good beer. ...Makes me want to go hit the free agent lines and scope some options out......

any opinions on sleepers for this year? predictions?

Fiery Sword said:
Well, it's baseball season checkered-flag time! Enough with this March Madness crap. Good luck to all.....

....btw the tenth team, Gphizzle, said that he'd jump into the beer-wager if it was OK with everyone. Apparently getting you balls busted for being the only non-participant was enough to sway him. :D if you guy think it's OK, that will make all 10 teams in on the wager. Thanks a nice bounty of good beer. ...Makes me want to go hit the free agent lines and scope some options out......

any opinions on sleepers for this year? predictions?

Ya, good luck to all! I was very excited to see baseball off and running last night!

I can't believe there were NO trades before the start of the season - that's just unbelievable!!

Fine with me if he joins, either now or never. None of my players were on last night, lookin to score some points today!

I was happy to hear John Kruk predict the tigers yesterday on BT. Everyone else was just picking the big money teams.

Tophe96 said:
I was happy to hear John Kruk predict the tigers yesterday on BT. Everyone else was just picking the big money teams.

Unfortunetely, Kruk is half retard, half blob. He doesn't have a clue.

That being said, the Tigers are a solid pick, as well as most of the AL Central. I don't see the Yanks or Red Sox winning in this year with their current make-up. Some sleeper picks are the Blue Jays and the Brewers

How exactly does the head 2 head scoring work, do we keep tallying points for the whole week and then who has more points wins?

Tophe96 said:
How exactly does the head 2 head scoring work, do we keep tallying points for the whole week and then who has more points wins?

yes - that's how it works

okay cool....this live scoring is pretty sweet...>I have to get my laptop fixed at home so I can keep an eye on things all the time.

:mug:

I see that my football luck is continuing. I'm playing the guy that starts off with a 100 + point day

Man, the Sportsline set up is light years better than the one we used for football this season. I'm amazed with all the free features.

rdwj said:
Man, the Sportsline set up is light years better than the one we used for football this season. I'm amazed with all the free features.

Amen. Blows the snot out of Baseball Challenge on ESPN....

Ize

Chris Carpenter? DUD
Contreras? b00000000.

It was a bad day 1 and 2 for the sword!

Plus Fat Curt went out serving plump meatballs to a (somewhat improved) Royals team, Pedroia forgot that you can get a single, Okajima got rocked in this first pitch in the Bigs, 4 or 5 relievers were used, Lugo fuxed up, etc. etc. It was one of the worst opening day games I've seen in recent Red Sox memory, and they almost ALWAYS suck on opening day!

I was wrong, I do have games today :)

Yeah, Contreras realy screwed you. He was a great player......for me...

Damn weather!!! Half of my team is not scoring me any points today due to the Det. game being cancelled due to the freezing weather we have here.

Advantage for ya Fiery.

Weather can definitely fux up a fantasy week. I am bul****e about Carpenter, and the fact that I could have picked Matsuzaka with a slightly different click is killing me!!! It's damn close though - should be a tight finish.

...Slow start for Ortiz and Soriano butthey'll both be back to form in time. And let's see if Contreras can at least bring his point total for the week to a positive number. :drunk:

Ya, the weather is killing me too. I had a game canceled last night and one today that is going to cost me two players each. I had one earlier in the week too. Oh well, my stoppers are doing what I hoped that'd do and are churning out points like crazy.

I finally have my first lead - I'm rather excited today!!

I've lost a couple of games to weather too. My problem is my SS & C. Martinez may go on the DL and Drew is day to day. I can play Lo Duca at C but my back up SS is F Sanchez who's on the DL to start the season:mad:.

I know what you mean Fiery...I have Eric Byrnes on the bench right now, and he has scored 27 points this week.....If I had only known!! Our game is definatly close. Its going to come down to the wire I think.

SH*T~!

I went to pick up another SS, since my guy's hurt, and I accidentally dropped the wrong catcher... except I didn't know what I did at first, so now.. well...

I don't have a catcher next week, unless y'all let me pick Michael Barrett back up...

Goddamn it, Yahoo! was a lot easier to work with... I don't like Sportsline's setup at all... :mad:

You can't trade back for him? How does that work....If you trade some away, can you pick them up later on?

I like the setup personally...but never played on yahoo.

Which team are you?

What exacly does that mean? We all get a chance to pick him up or what? Ive never understood what waivers meant....

Back