Valve in plastic primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freebird

Reaction score
Well, long story short me and my buddies were gonna bottle some brew, but after racking it into the bottling bucket we decided a tertiary ferment was in order (for more sedimentation). so we let it go in the spigoted bucket.

Now, I'm off work this week, and wondering if I could brew me a batch at home by myself and primary it in that spigoted bucket. or, I guess the question is, can that spigot be sanitized good enough? we use the 5 star PBW for cleaning and the Star-san sanitizer.

oh yeah, why not disassemble the bucket spigot assembly? our he-man weightlifter tightened it so that I can't. don't have any clean pliers to remove it with. plus I'm afraid of it messing up the gasket and making it leak.

My primary buckets all have spigots. I have a nipple brush I use to clean it. I sanitize by putting the sanitizer in the bucket, run a little out through the spigot, close the spigot. I do this four or five times, then run the rest of the sanitizer through.

hmmm... all the baby bottle stuff is in the garage, for the garage sale... gotta go buy a new nipple brush. and then the inlaws will see it and think the wife's pregnerant again... :drunk:

been cycling the valve and running sol'n thru it... work it in all the crevices I could, then rinse with scalding water, work some more in...

cool, thanks....

Back