What Are You Brewing For The End of Prohibition in Alabama?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Post the name, recipe, and reason for brewing said recipe on one of the most historic days for beer in Alabama! Big shout out and thank you to Right to Brew, the Free the Hops Foundation, Cahaba Brewing, Hop City, all of the new micro/nano-breweries in Alabama, and all others involved in this process. Cheers! :mug:

When is this day? I might brew in solidarity ;) I hadn't heard the law had passed - congratulations!

It hasn't been passed yet. As of yesterday, though, it has made it through both the House and Senate Committee hearing with excellent support and will almost definitely make it to both the House and Senate floors.

It passed the House during the last legislative session (2012) and was on the docket for a Senate floor vote but didn't make it to the floor before the end of the legislative session.

So far, it looks like the bill has even more support than last year so it failing to pass would be a major surprise.

I want to brew a Belgian Dark. Maybe something like a Chimay Blue Clone, haven't quite decided yet. Will have to be extract, I'm a noob and not ready for all grain yet.

I was legal for less than one day: Then I made another 6 gallon batch of Skeeter Pee and went right over the 15 gallon limit.

Oh well..... :rockin:

to revive an old thread.... I have brewed 40 gallons since prohibition ended May '13. Brown Ale is an every other brew day staple (half my brews have been the go-to English Brown Ale), also have done a Belgium Wit, Holiday Ale, Fireside Ale, and have a Roeselare Red still in Secondary. No more than 10 gallons at a time :)

Back