• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100% SS Electric Brutus "20" ($5000)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willynilly

Reaction score
All stainless steel, down to the last nut and bolt.

15 Gallon Blichman Kettles
3 Piece Ball Valves
Tri Clamp Fittings
LG 3-MD-HC Pumps (2x the March 809 Flow)
BCS460 Control of all functions
Configured for WIRELESS PC control through the BCS
AutoSparge installed in the MLT
304 TIG Welded SS Stand
50' x 1/2" Tri Clamp installed chiller in BK
BK Recirculation Port for whirlpool chilling

POWER:
BK is 9000W
RIMS is 9000W
System Requires 50A GFCI Protected Outlet

Performance:
10 gallons from 50F to 170F in 19 minutes
13 gallons from 160F to BOIL in 13 minutes

sousvide.jpg

P1030954.jpg

P1030953.jpg

P1030974.jpg

P1030951.jpg

P1030949.jpg

holy bat****, robin! that hurts my eyes to look at!

What on earth are you replacing this with!

Where did you get that great sticker? I must have one! Looks like a fantastic system its what dreams are made of.

9000W is 30,000 BTUs being directly applied, it is a hellacious amount of power :D

Are they all low density?

Props on an awesome system, I'll be building something like that someday... I hope. You know that if you have an iPhone/iPod touch/iPad there is an app that allows you to control the BCS460? Awesome!

Yes, all of the elements are LWD elements. They are all Camco 4500W LWD

Lordy - didn't you just get that beast finished last month? Hope everything's OK with ya...

Everything is ok... just not feeling the HB bug anymore really.

Hey,

I've been on the verge of buying the automated brewmation system http://brewmation.com/Brewery.html), however after seeing yours up for sale...i'm in doubt.

Is there anything you can tell me that would push me in going for your system rather than the brewmation...

Thanks!

(ps: your pm box is full!)

Heck, the bling factor alone would be enough to push me from the brewmation to his system. It looks about 2k better than the sinks:)

obviously looks better, but in terms of functionality, efficiency and practicallity...what are the advantages over the automated brewmation system

Gawd if this was the 20+ gallon kettles it would be mine already!

hmmmm....very very interested...i'll check out how much it would cost to ship (I live in Montreal)

very cool set up. Whoever buys it should make sure to put some kind of shield over that exhaust fan on the control box as I think it is a potential weak spot for wort/water infiltration.

obviously looks better, but in terms of functionality, efficiency and practicallity...what are the advantages over the automated brewmation system

I have never run a BrewMation system, so it would be completely unfair of me to try to compare the two.

I can tell you that after covering material costs, I only added about $2 per hour for my labor in building the system. This does not include planning and procurement of the actual parts themselves.

There IS the potential for the buyer to also get 8 cornies and a draft system complete with shanks and about 300 pounds of grain all properly stored.

Let me know.

On another note, I did buy my first Gary Fisher today!:ban:

Meh, could also enjoy a roadtrip...

Is there a possibility we can communicate by email or perhaps reduce or pm box??

Congrats on the bike!

I would say the quality of the materials would be a huge plus over the sink setup. Less footprint too I would imagine. Complete setup.

It is definately cleaner in design. I really like the BCS interface as well... again I have never used the BrewMation, so I cannot really knock it... I am impressed with what they offer for the price. The materials ALONE in this build cost more than a delivered BrewMation.

Sorry...

PM box is cleared out!

The FOOTPRINT is 49" wide x 24" deep

Thanks, the bike is sick!

For what it is worth, this system is MUCH more powerful than the BrewMation. At 9000W, it heats faster than anything I have seen built, gas or electric. The BCS offers a nice clean interface which you, the brewer, can tailor to your needs. You can create your own processes which the BCS will carry out autonomously as you specify.

The advantage to the Brutus 20 is a smaller footprint, fewer kettles, cleaner design... the eff. of the system runs a little less than a typical sparge brew rig as you are performing basically a NO SPARGE brew. BUT, with this system you can bang out a 30 pound grain bill and a 10 gallon 1.080 OG beer with approx. 70% eff. Smaller grain bills (up to 1.060 OG) will net you approx. 75% eff.

The no sparge design will make all of your wort, first wort. You will not be stripping your grain of its buffering capability, no sparge PH issues, etc.

My design has an inegrated chiller with a whirlpool port in the BK which I like, no issues with plate chillers, hop leaves, trub... and the 50' chiller and whirlpool action is very effective at cooling.

This design allows you to monitor the MLT OUTput temp, the RIMS OUTput temp and the BK temp. from your PC, from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. (NOTE you can attach your PC directly to the BCS via a CAT5 cable too)

They are two completely different systems, that are both very capable of doing what they do. Mine is just faster ;)

How do you feed this monster, Willy? I'm assuming that the rims and bk are never operated at the same time?

How do you feed this monster, Willy? I'm assuming that the rims and bk are never operated at the same time?

It is fed currently with a 50A breaker

I can run the RIMS at 9000W OR the BK at 9000W OR the RIMS at 4500W AND the BK at 4500W.

Basically, (2) 4500W elements at a time...

At 9000W you can heat 10 gallons of strike water in under 20 minutes with the RIMS. Then you drop the RIMS to 4500W operation for the mash and use only 4500W in the BK to heat your "sparge" water.

After sparging, you run the BK with a full 9000W to reach a boil in 13 gallons in 10 minutes!

When I get a moment to get over there and do it properly, I will, thanks for the heads up!

I understand the financial aspect of a rig like this, it will need to find the right buyer. It is slightly over the top for the average garage brewer.

I have sorta been thinking about a 1BBL Blichman system much like this one...

Yah, the bike is nuts, I am in love with it, love adjusting the suspension on the fly!

WOW, looking at the pilot systems at ProBrewer for sale, this thing should get some hits there, thanks for that heads up!

So, I signed up on ProBrewer... got activated, still wasnt allowed to post a classified, and today my login doesnt work anymore. How does one become a member of their elite club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back