Warming beer after cold crash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hurls

Reaction score
I've had an Ale in the primary for ~5 weeks. I put it in the fridge to cold crash it a few days ago and plan in kegging it this weekend.

Before bottling I usually bring my beer back up to room temp after a cold crash. Since this is my first time kegging, I'm not sure if I need to do this. Is it ok to just transfer into the keg while it's still cold? I'm thinking it will speed up forced carbing.

I've had an Ale in the primary for ~5 weeks. I put it in the fridge to cold crash it a few days ago and plan in kegging it this weekend.

Before bottling I usually bring my beer back up to room temp after a cold crash. Since this is my first time kegging, I'm not sure if I need to do this. Is it ok to just transfer into the keg while it's still cold? I'm thinking it will speed up forced carbing.

Sure, transfer it cold! There isn't any reason at all to warm it, then chill it again in the kegerator.

Back