First All Grain Success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel48

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for all the posts on making your first AG batch. I used Bobby_Ms AG primer and it went great! My brew house efficiency was a little over 82% so the ABV will probably end up being a bit higher than the recipe but I would say it was a great success! After a few more batches I can start converting recipes based on my efficiencies. My O flannigan stout is bubbling away in my basement. Good thing I used a blow off tube as yesterday's fermentation was out of this world! I think next up is Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale.

Congrats on your first all grain. Sounds like you have things dialed in if you're already hitting 82%.

Everything seemed to go really well, most thanks to all of the information on this board. Hopefully the beer tastes just as good as the process went. The fermentation has really slowed down. I will be taking the off the blow off tube and replacing it with an Airlock tonight.

Back