First Brew Sweetness!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acuna

Reaction score
Well after living right around the corner from Austin Homebrew Supply for a few years, I decided to give homebrewing a try and purchased one of their kits and a recipe for one of my favorite brews.

I spent the better part of four hours cooking and preparing everything. I tried to be as careful and precise as possible when preparing the mead. Along the way I kept telling myself that making beer was like baking and not cooking so I needed to follow the recipe exactly. I finished up and pitched the yeast around 9:00 PM yesterday.

At around 9:30 AM today, bubbles have started to appear in the airlock- almost 12 hours exactly!

So far so good and hopefully everything will go according to plan. Once the bubbles stop I will take a few hydrometer readings to make sure that fermentation is complete. Then I can move it to my secondary fermentor, which will free up my primary and let me get started on another batch!

At any rate, I look forward to participating in the forum and wanted to share my excitement.:mug:

If I lived around the corner from AHS, I would be broke and brewing beer from my cardboard box in an alley!

Back