What’s In Your Kettle This Weekend? (11/16-11/18)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For me it’s 10-gallons of my Blue Balls Belgian Wit. I did a 10 gallon batch 4 weeks ago for a competition, but had to up the ABV to 5.5% for style guidelines. It’s great, but a little strong so I want a session version as well. Man I forgot how good that brewshop smells with a Belgian Wit bubbling away. :ban:

How’s Bout You’s???

What’s in your kettle?

Nada this weekend. Got a bunch of stuff to get kegged, but no brewing until the following weekend. Then, it'll be a simple American amber ale to see if I can dial-in why my efficiency is still so crappy.

My farkin' hydrometer broke (original one); part of me wonders whether it wasn't giving me accurate readings, but I never got a chance to check it before it went CRASH! (GD wind!)

Nothing this weekend, but I am going to brewup a Dubbel next weekend. I am hoping the temp doesnt drop too much, or else my basement will be too cold. I am hoping to get one more ale out before I start my lagers. Worse comes to worse though I can always ferment upstairs.

My first weekend not brewing since I've been back int he states. :( I have to travel up to Alabama for Thanksgiving. I was gonna brew today, but my starter is going like it should be... I might brew tommorow though and leave it at my dad's place to ferment. Actually not a bad idea... hmmmmmmmm.

Nothing here either. I need to work on my mash tun. I think I'm finished with the plastic false bottom that floats up when submerged. I might go get me a stainless one this weekend.

Dude said:
Am I reading that right?

Nothing for me--I'm so lame. I haven't brewed in a LONG time.

Yeah you are, but thats in the brewpub kettle not my personal. I'm hoping its 10bbl and not 15bbl since I'll probably be slightly hungover :p

I'm doing a special bitter. :)

I'm pretty excited about it too, get to try out some Brewer's Gold and Progress hops. :rockin:

BierMuncher said:
For me it’s 10-gallons of my Blue Balls Belgian Wit. I did a 10 gallon batch 4 weeks ago for a competition, but had to up the ABV to 5.5% for style guidelines. It’s great, but a little strong so I want a session version as well. Man I forgot how good that brewshop smells with a Belgian Wit bubbling away. :ban:

How’s Bout You’s???

What’s in your kettle?

5.5% a little strong? What the hell?

Nothing for me, I'm gonna be on hiatus until after Jesus-Day. I have a friend coming up who wants to learn to brew so I'm gonna show him, then I have the 888. Wife will be out of town for a while, so I might throw something else in there as well if I have the budget.

BM's a lightweight, we know that!

I'm tempted, now... if I can get a crapload of work done tomorrow, I might try and sneak in a quick batch Sunday morning. Have to see what I have for ingredients, I think I might just be missing some medium crystal for the batch I have planned next (the amber). I do have some honey malt somewhere, so maybe I'll make a "Honey-Bunny Pale Ale"...

PulpHoney.jpg

An international business paper, a finance paper, and a marketing project....I hate the end of the semester! :mad:

I'll probubly bottle my cider though, just so I can take a break

If I can find the time, possibly my first AG (BM's SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde).

Just went to the store and got the grain for my Pliny the Elder Clone. Going to be great weather tomorrow. And I am sure glad I bought the hops for this a month ago...kind of like a last hurrah as I think for a while I will be doing lightly hopped beers. I talked to the guy at the LHBS...he kind of sounded scared.

Old Glory Pale Ale!

Lots of Cascade and Amarillo hops. Mainly base malt, some vienna, crystal 60 and a pount of wheat malt.

It will be nice to get on the horse again.

After that I want to do a Fuller's ESB clone and an Scottish Ale sometime in the next month or so.

Soulive21 said:
Yeah you are, but thats in the brewpub kettle not my personal. I'm hoping its 10bbl and not 15bbl since I'll probably be slightly hungover :p

Which pub?

I have lots planned but with a wicked cold hitting me the past couple of days it looks like this weekend might be a wash.

brewt00l said:
I didn't realize any of them had a BOP.... do you work in the brewery?

Its the only location in the country (world?) that brews. Its me and the head brewer, but its very casual. We're friends and I just help him out. I mash-in, control the sparge, weigh/add the hops, etc.

Soulive21 said:
Its the only location in the country (world?) that brews. Its me and the head brewer, but its very casual. We're friends and I just help him out. I mash-in, control the sparge, weigh/add the hops, etc.

very kewl!:ban:

I am doing 5 gallons of BrewPastor's Russian Unorthodox Imperial Stout on saturday, going to bump up the base grains a few pounds to get the OG a little higher as my efficiency is probably a little lower than his, going to age it with oak and ferment with Wyeast 3787.

I was planning on brewing on Sunday, but then found out we are having company come and stay with us Saturday to Tuesday. I already have the starter made so I may just have to teach a friend how to brew on Sunday whether he wants to or not. I've got a Mackeson XXX Stout clone I want to try. Just a small 5.5 gallon batch though.

BM goes about 130# after he gets out of the pool with his clothes on, so 5.5% is a monster to him.

No brewing for me this weekend. Just racking the 22 gallons that I did last weekend and starting work on the Sanyo conversion.

Went to the homebrew club meeting at the LHBS last night and also picked up grains for 2 batches. This weekend it's a 5 gallon batch of DFH 60 Minute IPA clone. After Turkey day. I'm doing a 5 gallon batch of Rogue Hazenut Brown clone.

I hope to brew an experimental batch this weekend. Half of the mash will be homemade Swedish rye bread and the rest some 6 row, some pale and a little specialty malt. Trappist ale yeast. Shooting for an OG of around 1.060.

I'm whipping up 5 gallons of EdWort's Haus Ale. I'm looking forward to comparing it with the Two-Hearted Ale clone that I just brewed since they have very similar recipes, the major difference being the hops.

One can never have enough pale ales around! :D

Still trying to figure out the recipes but I hope to do 5 gallon of a chocolate porter or stout and 5 gallons some sort of cream all.

I'm doing a honey hefe with 2 pounds of honey malt.

Hosting a group brew tomorrow. Hopefully my back is cooperative. I need to get up early and clean out my equipment.

GaryA said:
Still trying to figure out the recipes but I hope to do 5 gallon of a chocolate porter or stout and 5 gallons some sort of cream all.

Either way - porter or cream ale, sounds like you have a good day planned!

Back