I finally got my hands on some Old Rasputin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
I've heard such amazing things about it for so long, and it did not disappoint. I picked it up at a beer shop in Manchester, VT. The guy working there told me they have a hard time keeping it on the shelves, and I can understand why. You know a beer isn't f***ing around when Victory Hop Devil tastes crisp and refreshing after it.

A local bar has it on tap it is amazing. They even had it with nitrogen for a while, it was very good with that to.

A local Indian restaurant had a 1-night special: 20+ oz pour of OR for $2.50 or something ridiculous. Seems they do a different microbrew every Thursday night. God, I hate that I have to work Thursday nights. :(

i LOVE this beer. One bar i used to go to a lot had it on tap for awhile, i haven't had it in close to a year now. Last January i scored a 4-pack for $12 bucks in Florida while visting my g/f's parents. Such a great beer.

Love that stuff. It was the first stout I would ever say I trully liked when I was trying to get into to stouts. delicious

Hmm OR is a little intense on the palate for me usually. I think it tastes great but I don't usually reach for one. Although I love it with a bold cigar. It can really stand up to it.

The local beer store has a constant supply of it, so i never have to long for it. Amazing brew, was my fav RIS, but let me just throw this out there....and don't yell blasphemy until you've tried it..... Leinenkugel's Big Eddy RIS is freaking awesome. I like to stay loyal to my rasputin...but i have to stay true to myself....big eddy is better...didn't think i'd ever be able to say that, but try it and you'll see for yourself

Yeah, Old Rasputin is wide spread here.... which is a good thing since I consider it the quintessential RIS

I had heard about this beer but had never really come across it until a few weeks ago at my in laws. I must say sipping this in front of a roaring fire while.it spitted snow and the wind howled outside made me actually like the christmas season. Decided then it would be my next brew, started looking for the clone recipe and just realized it is in the inly issue of BYO that I have. :)

The local beer store has a constant supply of it, so i never have to long for it. Amazing brew, was my fav RIS, but let me just throw this out there....and don't yell blasphemy until you've tried it..... Leinenkugel's Big Eddy RIS is freaking awesome. I like to stay loyal to my rasputin...but i have to stay true to myself....big eddy is better...didn't think i'd ever be able to say that, but try it and you'll see for yourself

I'll say that OR is better than Big Eddie. But I will agree that BE is actually a very good beer! I cannot say that for most Leinenkugel's, but I picked up a BE just to try it and it was good.

I still have an OR that I haven't found a good time to drink yet (maybe tonight while I play SWTOR. Got plans to take on a 4 man heroic.)

Back