Keezer or Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INWarner413

Reaction score
I'm looking at making the jump to kegging. After only 6 or 7 batches, I'm already tired of bottling!

I'm torn between a keezer and a kegerator. I'm looking at having 3 or 4 corny's on tap. If I go with a keezer, I want to go with the 7.0 cu ft GE chest freezer. If I go with a kegerator, I want to go with the Whirlpool 9.7 cu ft fridge. The fridge has a 6.9 cu ft refrigerator capacity, making it nearly the same size as the chest freezer.

I know building a keezer would ultimately look way cooler than simply installing 3 or 4 taps on the front of the refrigerator. If I go for the keezer, I want it to look something like Jester's awesome rig. For someone with limited tools and construction ability, though, which would be the better choice? How about price wise?

i'm in much the same situation. just picked up a freezer off craigslist and figuring out if i should go jester style or collar style.

if i were you, i'd definitely go keezer - but that's really nothing more than my preference. seems to provide more flexibility.

Back