So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took Fri off to brew a 10 Gal AG batch Pale Ale recipe I came up with mostly based on the parameters for Ale Werks Chesapeake Pale Ale in Williamsburg, VA. I tweaked it a bit and used Chinook 60 min
Centennial/Cascade 15min
Centennial/Cascade 0 min

Est. OG: 1.061

According to samples tested post-boil:
Smart Ref 1.061
Refractometer 1.060
Hydrometer 1.060
Tilt 1.060

I’ve never had all gravity samples be so consistent! Pretty psyched! 🍻
IMG_5996.jpeg

I brewed an Belgium Ale but may have screwed it up!!! I accidentally left sanitizer inside my counterflow chiller prior to transferring to my CF5 Fermenter. I noticed it at the last minute prior to the wort transfer via the chiller. :oops:

Bottom line, about half of a 2" sight glass full of Saniclean prior to the wort that pushed the saniclean into the fermenter. I transfered about 5gals of beer. DID I SCREW MY BATCH UP? Is there anything u can do to save it?

Have a good recipe? I'm about due to brew an Altbier one of these days. Might even amp it up and make it a Sticke Alt.
This has been my go to Alt recipe for the last 5 or 6 years, at least. I’ve been happy with it and it compares well to the relatively few commercial Alts I can find in this area.

You can disregard the acid malt unless you have really soft water.

7DED872F-8FB3-488A-BD56-C4E9C6883077.png

Im getting ready for my classic EPA, the one I like most for now. Its very simple but I love it.

5kg pale, 300gr carared, 100gr aroma, 50gr challenger and 50gr EK Goldins. This time Im trying the Nottingham yeast which I loved for the RIS I did few weeks ago, so I’ll try it instead of the S04 I use normally for this classic english ale with a bit of toasty/sweety bits.

Thats for a 20L keg.

I'm a big fan of CaraRed but never used it in English beers before, instead using things like English CaraMalt. Something I'll have to try.

Back