keezer air leak, how to fix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physast

Reaction score
Tonight I did the light test to see if I had any air leaks in my keezer. I did this because I was noticing a good bit of water collecting on the walls. What I found is the front right corner of the keezers top seal has light showing through. I built a double hinge keezer and the top seal is the original manufacture seal. I also see light from where the temp probe is going in the freezer.

My question is how do you fix something like this? If I push down on the lid all is fine, but I have a job and stuff and can't do this all day long every day. I also don't think I could teach my cat to sit on the right front lid all day either.

The probe I can fix by finding a better way to put it in the keezer. But the gasket I am not sure. Do they sell thin weather stripping I could put all the way around the top collar to add some height and help seal?

Any ideas or personal experience with this?

Do they sell thin weather stripping I could put all the way around the top collar to add some height and help seal?

Yes they sell all sorts of weather stripping like this at Home Depot (or any home supply store) that should be able to fix your problem.

Back