Cooking Channel is what Food Network was 8 years ago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree to an extent. I want something that is between the two really. I want more than just someone in their house on a french farm just pretty much showing a recipe. There are some really good shows on the channel though.

i really can't stand what foodtv has become. non-stop reality/competition shows.

and i absolutely hate cake decorating shows. i mean wtf? how many shows do you need about people decorating cakes!?

i'm also pissed at the serious decline in airtime of Good Eats.

It's owned by the same company. It's like the difference between MTV and MTV2 I guess.

yes, and that's kind of what i'm talking about.

it seems the "good stuff" got relegated to cooking channel, while foodtv got all the pop stuff.

Well, if you look at the trend in TV the past few years, reality shows are making up an ever-larger percentage of programming. In addition, most channels have abandoned any target market they may have had (MTV, Cartoon Network, Discovery, History, etc. are no longer about what the network is named for, in most cases). Food Network is just another example of this, and just like MTV2, they're offloading the non-reality stuff to Cooking CHannel.

i really can't stand what foodtv has become. non-stop reality/competition shows.

and i absolutely hate cake decorating shows. i mean wtf? how many shows do you need about people decorating cakes!?

+1

And I'd like more shows with Rachael Ray and Giada wearing much less and bending over the stove...

I could not agree with that anymore. Especially the good eats part. It is never on anymore when it used to be one at least 2 episodes a night.

I do kind of like Ace of Cakes though. I hate reality shows and all the other cake shows but I do not mind watching Ace of Cakes for some reason though.

lol.

bourdain loves to blast people until he meets them face to face. ever see the ep with Emeril? he looked star-struck and just agreed with everything he said, then apologized for all his trash talk in his post production dialog.

i bet if he ever did an ep with Rachael Ray he'd end up on his knees.

lol.

bourdain loves to blast people until he meets them face to face. ever see the ep with Emeril? he looked star-struck and just agreed with everything he said, then apologized for all his trash talk in his post production dialog.

i bet if he ever did an ep with Rachael Ray he'd end up on his knees.

Or she would.

Bourdain's the ****. He was just here I town in November. Great show.

I saw in the paper he is doing a show here, probably Philly. So just what kind of show does he do? Tell jokes? Talk about adventures? Cook? It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it, what doe he do up on a stage in front of a crowd?

Forget Rachel Ray (GOD, her voice is annoying).

Giadi's kinda hot... but she's a friggin' bobblehead.

Call me old-fashioned. Call me a MILF-seeker. Call me an appreciator of women who actually like to eat.

But, give me some Nigella. I don't care that she's what, like twenty years my elder. She on "The List."

nigella-lawson-415x289.jpg

Hell, even my mother-in-law knows of my mad-Nigella crush.

And yeah, Cooking Channel >>>> Food Network. Hardly watch the latter at all anymore. Cooking Channel has all the great stuff, the REAL Iron Chef, Julia Child shows, all kinds of great stuff.

But, give me some Nigella. I don't care that she's what, like twenty years my elder. She on "The List."

QUOTE]

Yes!! :rockin:

Did you see the show where her boob popped out? If not too bad, I think next time they will have that part edited out.

I saw in the paper he is doing a show here, probably Philly. So just what kind of show does he do? Tell jokes? Talk about adventures? Cook? It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it, what doe he do up on a stage in front of a crowd?

He tells stories about his experiences traveling, other chefs, etc. It's an interesting spoken word type of performance. At the end he spends a half hour taking questions from people in the audience. I liked it.

Really? Do you know how much it is going to be?

Really? Do you know how much it is going to be?

Nope, but I saw it in the insert (Weekend?) that comes with I think the friday (I think) Philadlephia Inquirer. Just look him up, I am sure he has a website with dates and stuff.

Found this but nothing on his website, weird.

http://www.mycityrocks.com/theatre_...ylvania_PA/anthony_tony_bourdain_glenside.php

Ouch! I just looked at the prices....I will watch him on TV.

Holy ****, are you kidding me? $181? :eek: :drunk:

I looked at the CT venue, too, $75 for freakin' balcony seats. For Tony ****ing Bordaine? I mean, I've read his books, I see him on the Food TV, but are you ****ing kidding me? You think I'd take my wife out and spend almost $400 on two tickets to see him TALK, instead of, you know... like, going out to a great restaurant?

Cripes! I remember going to see David Sedaris give free readings, and then stopped when they started charging $25 for tickets. What's Bordaine going to say that's so damn interesting (that he hasn't already said countless times) that's worth $200 a pop?

that ticket price is f'ing ridiculous

Seems like he's slowly turning into one of the people he used to rant about.

My wife and I were talking about this recently. He's on Top Chef a lot, and it always seems like he's playing The Tony Bourdain Character. It's the same schtick, every time.

Now, let's get back to important matters. I would spend a LOT more than $181 to spend an evening with Nigella.

Holy ****, are you kidding me? $181? :eek: :drunk:

I looked at the CT venue, too, $75 for freakin' balcony seats. For Tony ****ing Bordaine? I mean, I've read his books, I see him on the Food TV, but are you ****ing kidding me? You think I'd take my wife out and spend almost $400 on two tickets to see him TALK, instead of, you know... like, going out to a great restaurant?

Cripes! I remember going to see David Sedaris give free readings, and then stopped when they started charging $25 for tickets. What's Bordaine going to say that's so damn interesting (that he hasn't already said countless times) that's worth $200 a pop?

That is ****ing insane! I really like the guy and have read 2 of his books and watch his shows a lot but that is just nucking futz! I could take my wife and I to NYC go to his restaurant and get a hotel for that much.

Latest posts

Back