secondary in my primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanyP321

Reaction score
As I don't have a secondary, is there anything wrong with transfering into my plastic keg, cleaning and steralising my primary and transfering back into it...other then risk of contamination?

Many Homebrewers don't rack to a secondary. They leave it in the primary the whole time, and those that live by this method swear by it.

its an extract lager with ale yeast.

It's only been a week - my hydrometer is reading and acceptable level but my lager is looking rather cloudy. Is that because it's only been a week or because I'm using lager extract and ale yeast or both:) ?

So if I just leave it where it is for another couple of weeks and go straight to bottle or keg, I should be ok?

Thanks guys

its an extract lager with ale yeast.

It's only been a week - my hydrometer is reading and acceptable level but my lager is looking rather cloudy. Is that because it's only been a week or because I'm using lager extract and ale yeast or both:) ?

So if I just leave it where it is for another couple of weeks and go straight to bottle or keg, I should be ok?

Thanks guys

Yes to the first part, it hasn't been quite long enough to clear.

YES, to the second part, leave it where it is for a couple more weeks then bottle.

Back