My Jockey Box/Bar Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNate

Reaction score
It's retired for the season now, but I realized I never shared the pics on this forum. Here she is:

Feb_08004.jpg

Feb_08005.jpg

Correct. Still dialing that in, actually. I need a lot more beer line than what I have on it right now.

Stole that idea from a homebrewer on another board. Cherry stain and gloss black, looks absolutely fantastic together. When the wood takes the stain well, anyway.

Nice jarb. I had thought of a similar idea, the breakdown part that is. It makes sense if you don't have the space.

Nice jarb. I had thought of a similar idea, the breakdown part that is. It makes sense if you don't have the space.

I've started to come to the realization that even when I think I have the space, I don't really have the space. I try to make things as compact as possible nowadays.

Unfortunately, that floor vent is just barely wide enough for the 3 taps, so I get some spillage anyway. Underneath that is a stainless drywall mud pan with a bulkhead fitting and a length of tubing to keep beer away from your shoes when you pour.

The tap handles were pretty easy, too. Cut down hardwood candlesticks, little wooden barrels, and wooden medallions. In fact, this whole project was done with off-the-shelf components from HD and the craft store except for the cold plate, faucets, shanks, and actual draft fittings.

There was a better picture of a couple of the tap handles in the label thread, but it might be gone now. Here's one that shows the components and assembly:

IMG_0976.jpg

The medallions screw on and off of the handle itself because they're 100x easier and cheaper to make than the handles. I'm working on building up a stock of about 25 of the medallions for various common styles I brew. Honestly, the graphic design takes longer than putting them together.

im jelous. I never considered making my own taps until i saw this. Deffinitly inspirational

Do you have plans? Would love to build one!

I actually sent him a PM about this and he does have plans in the visio format but I don't have that installed... I think I can get a trail version of it I need to send him another message. This is probably the greatest setup I have ever seen it could be used as a home bar (if you could make an electrical chiller of some kind in the coffin box) and a portable bar for parties.

Hey guys... I was just looking at my Photobucket stats and I saw that this thread had been resurrected. Is anyone here still interested in the Visio plans I made for this?

Edit: PM me if you want them. I don't hang around here much anymore.

If you send the plans to me, I will host the file and create a link for you (if you are interested).

Ugh... I should take you up on that, but I run several websites and have plenty of space to host, I just haven't gotten off my butt to put up a site yet. I need to work on that. I appreciate the offer, though.

Necrothread!

This thing is now taking up space in my apartment. I'm never going to use it again. I would like to give it to a local brew club, or failing that, any interested individual. I'm not sure the best way to go about that. Classifieds didn't seem like the right place for a freebie.

Two caveats: The bar top is warped from getting wet in basement storage, but it flattens out as soon as the coffin goes on top. Second, I want to keep the cold plate and the taps.

I lost the Visio plans some time back, but I found a print out of them.

Latest posts

Back