Question about starter kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty3777

Reaction score
A local store has the following brand of kits and supplies. I would love to shop local but I want to make certain that the stuff they are selling is quality. Can you comment on the following brands?

Kit: Brewer's Best $65.95

Ingredient kits: Brewer's Best, True Brew, both ~$35

I think I started with the Brewer's Best kit, and the ingredient kits. They were fine, and I made good beer with that for a long time! I still have most of the equipment and use most of it.

I started with True Brew kits (equipment and ingredients). You can find less expensive ingredient kits at Northern Brewer or elsewhere online, but you'd have to pay shipping and wait.

They also sell John Bull and Cooper's ingredients for a little less. Are these any good?

I have seen Cooper's around a lot but can't say i have tried one. I did a Brewer's Best English Pale Ale and it is pretty good. The instructions were easy and everything was pretty well laid out. I usually don't do kits

Back