Temp. controller doesn't allow power to chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewVegas

Reaction score
When I went to put my carboy in the chest freezer, I realized that the temp controller stopped working. If I by-pass the controller, the chest freezer powers-on. Any ideas of what to look for in trying to fix this?

image_618.jpg

Worked before but doesn't now? Try setting it to the lowest setting and see if it is just out of calibration. If that does it play with it until you figure out how far out of whack it is.

Not sure I understand. That is what it does. Shuts power off if the temp is below the set point. If the temp is high, and it still wont turn on, then it's probably gone bad. Mine always has to be set a bit low. If I want my ale at 64 I have to put the controller at about 60-62 range.

It was working fine. It was actually disconnected from the chest freezer, which was turned on and was colder than the setting on the controller once I pluged-it in. So, that was my fault!

check the copper capillary tubing for cracks. that's the most common point of failure for mechanical controls.

Back