Home Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda wish I had a 101 fever so's I could stay home. I am still trying to educate myslef on AG so I can try a 2.5g batch.

I'm good now- had the flu a month ago. It's going around here now, though- schools were closed two days last week, and all week this week. Yep- seven school days to make up due to flu. My son (17) is not sick, so he's been playing video games and is already generally bored.

Brewing. :D

My CRM tool that I need to access prospects/clients has been SNAFU'd for the past two days, so I'm taking advantage of that.

'Bout midway through my sparge which is going a bit slowly thanks to all the rye in the grist.

Son #2 (15 y/o) had the full blown flu a week ago - but I don't think I got that, I don't feel do bad. He was on Tamiflu and is fine now.

I need a day off... LOL.

Can't wait to the holidays - thanks to the massive amounts of vacation I get (trust me I earn it) for being only in my 5th year of employment, I usually take the entire week of Thanksgiving off and the entire week between Christmas and new years... Can not wait.

Get well soon!

Was all set to go to a party Sat., but started over-heating. Had a 99F, which is 2F over normal for me. Was really fried Sunday and Monday, but more due to the time change. If I've had the flu this year, it's been very mild. Had a serious case in 1957, so I may still be covered for the "A hinny" flu this year.

My house has been sick. Wife and kids were all sick last week. They got better for Saturday Halloween party up north, then my wife came home early on Monday, and stayed home yesterday.

I got the flu shot and had nothing worse than an upset stomach a few days last week, which might not have been a flu bug at all.

My nieces were both sick for a while. One had a 102-103 fever for about 5 days and passed out at school when she was supposed to be better. The other one was mostly throwing up, and also passed out just before school when she was supposed to be feeling better. She broke her nose and cut her lip on her braces, and they took her to a childrens hospital for irregular hearbeat and low BP. (Doc said she was not dehydrated though).

You gotta take care of yourself this year!

I just got over pneumonia 2 weeks ago. Only a brief hospital visit though, so that was good. Lots of antibiotics and now I'm good to go.

My throat feels like it's shredded. I think I got h1n1 or something. Going to class in 2 minutes lol.

Man, Jim, hope you get to feeling better. That crap is running rampant in our area. Wife had it for two weeks and just began to recover end of last week. She got checked for Swine flu, but was negative. Tamiflu helped a lot. Luckily, I was only down for a day. She had it a lot worse.

Thanks, the boys' high school has been hard hit.

Sorry to hear about your wife and glad she's doing better.

Man, Jim, hope you get to feeling better. That crap is running rampant in our area. Wife had it for two weeks and just began to recover end of last week. She got checked for Swine flu, but was negative. Tamiflu helped a lot. Luckily, I was only down for a day. She had it a lot worse.

I stayed home today. Had a bit of a headache last night when I went to bed; it was the same this morning, plus a sore throat and body aches. I was afraid I was coming down with the flu, but it's been a few hours and I'm actually feeling better now. Hopefully it's over.

Back