Apple Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sacdan

Reaction score
We live in Northern California. Every Fall we take a trip to "Apple Hill", a great series of farms in the Sierra Nevada foothills. We went there last weekend with some friends. We saw a sign that said "Apple Beer". I naturally wanted to try it. One of the guys we went with bought two. I was in line behind him. I noticed a Bud Light bottle and thought to my self, "Wow. Why would they use a Bud Light bottle to bottle their Apple Beer? It's a twist-off". You can tell where my train of thought is. Then I noticed a 1/2 gallon jug of Apple Cider next to it. I asked the lady if they made the Apple Beer themselves. Her response was, "we made the cider". "So" I said, "you just pour some cider in a cup and add Bud Light to it?" She said "it's the best tasting beer with it. We've tried others". I immediately turned and walked away. The one good thing we all got out of it was a good saying... (fill in the blank) is always better with some Bud Light on it.

The sad part about it is that my friend spent $4 each on them only to dump them out. We made up for it later in the day by getting $5 20oz Brews at the Micro Brewer nearby.

The sad part about it is that my friend spent $4 each on them only to dump them out.

Did you at least try it first?
Seems kinda silly to pour out a drink just cos of the brand name of 1 ingredient, w/out a sip.
Who knows? It may be a way of making BL drinkable to us BMC haters. You know, for when you're someplace you can't get flavorful beer.
Of course, I love apples/apple juice/cider, so maybe I'm the one with the bias. :cheers:

Of course we all tried it. I will try almost anything. My wife, who didn't really drink beer until she met me summed it up well by saying "there is no taste".

Back