First alcoholic Ginger Beer attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broomee

Reaction score
Hi Guys, Ive had my first ginger beer kit in the fermenter now for 8 days. Its been bubbling away nicely and have taken a couple of gravity readings. Yesterday it read 1.004 and today 1.002. It started out at 1.024 so looking forward to a slightly alcoholic brew. Even though the readings are low and my hydrometer says its ok to bottle should I still wait since the reading is still dropping. I want it to be nice and fizzy but not explosive. Couldnt find to many others brewing ginger beer on here so hopefully someone out there may have some advice. Thanks. :drunk:

Thanks for that. So same theory as for normal beer then i guess. It was just the low readings gave me a little hope for bottling today. My only other and first ever brew never got lower than 1.014 so was quite excitted to see a normal finishing gravity level. Cheers

Thanks for that. So same theory as for normal beer then i guess. It was just the low readings gave me a little hope for bottling today. My only other and first ever brew never got lower than 1.014 so was quite excitted to see a normal finishing gravity level. Cheers

No problem. The rules are sort of the same, you want to make sure the yeast have had plenty of time to do their thing in any fermentation.

The recipe is simple. One Coopers Ginger Beer Kit with 1.2kg's of sugar added and about 12g of yeast in 20 litres of water. Im looking forward to being more adventurous in the future and creating a mix of my own.

Back