Opinions of electric heating elements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suthrncomfrt1884

Reaction score
I'm going to be moving in a few months, and the new place doesn't have a garage yet. I'm thinking about converting my rig to electric since I don't want to have propane indoors. I'd like to hear some opinions from people who use electric heating elements.

Any problems with scorching? Do I need to add some sort of stirring mechanism to my mash and kettle to prevent it? I just need to know the downfalls compared to propane so I can decide if it's worth it.

I use two 2000 w 120 v heatsticks to to brew 1/4 keg batches. Works great! Someday I'll mount elements in my kettle hlt and cooler mash tun...but for now it works great.

Oh...I have a nice bayou classic propane cooker also...but haven't used it in over a year due to my love of electric.

No scorching to date.

Once you go electric, you will only wonder why you didn't due it sooner. Just so inefficient putting a big roaring flame under a kettle.

Back