Measuring calories in beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rimshot

Reaction score
I'm on a diet to lose some weight. Hoping to get from 300 to 225 pounds.

How do I measure my home brewed beer to see what kind of caloric intake I'm getting just so I can keep within my long-term diet plan?

Any thoughts appreciated.:mug:

I'm on a diet to lose some weight. Hoping to get from 300 to 225 pounds.

How do I measure my home brewed beer to see what kind of caloric intake I'm getting just so I can keep within my long-term diet plan?

Any thoughts appreciated.:mug:

beer smith gives you alcohol % and calories when you put in the OG and FG

drink a lot.
weigh yourself.
get rid of scale.

And until I start doing some regular cardio, your results will be much better than mine.
(best of luck! I just finished a bike powered grain mill for placebio-vascular betterment.)

haha...glad to see a fellow homebrewer in the same boat...I started the year at 297 and am down to 257 with the goal of hitting 210 in 2010...the homebrew is slightly counter productive but I guess I never thought of checking the calories in it...I just try and limit my intake compared to plowing through a whole lot over the course of a week.

There is also Beer Alchemy for mac. Not sure of the features.

Any of these tools are at best, an estimation of the potential.

Otherwise, you'd need a calorimeter.

You feel better about yourself when you lose a lot of weight so its hard not to want to drink beer in moderation, no matter how much you enjoy it.

Back