New toys!!!! Check it out!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipper564

Reaction score
It feels like Christmas! Picked up a beer cooler to turn into a fermentation chamber! Also have new ingredients that should be here very soon for 3 more batches!!! I can't sleep I'm so excited!!!

image-1262396405.jpg

Damn I want one. That looks great and perfect for temp controlled brewing. Maybe that's what I need instead of a mini fridge. Where did you get it?

We found it on craigslist. We were thinking about buying a refrigerator until we found this lol.

It'd be great to put a shelf in the middle to get two buckets in there. Then put some polarized mirror film on the glass to keep UV down.

Already working on the shelves and I'm thinking about insulation board over the glass to keep out UV rays and keep the cold air in. It's out in my Florida room so I can only imagine the cold air that is escaping through the glass. Any suggestions?

What about reflectix?

Easy to install. It will keep the light out, add a little insulation and look nice and shiny!

Thats looks to be exactly the same unit that I use, with great success. You'll love it. I can fit 2, 7 gallon ferm buckets on the bottom and two more on the shelf with room for two corny kegs on each level also. 2 batches fermenting and keg conditioning two more batches at the same time. My pipeline is never that full though. But I can dream!

That. Is. Awesome. I have been wanting to get that exact unit for a ferm chamber myself...I had also come across one on CL a while back, but I had just bought my kegerator, and didn't think SWMBO would go for it...still keeping the eyes out though for the next one to come along....

Reflectix is basically bubble wrap with metallic stuff on both sides. I have some on my mashtun and cant see why it wouldnt work, though 1/2 insulation board would be better. Reflectix would be a lot more shiny though.

ForumRunner_20130422_174521.jpg

Latest posts

Back