If you could share a pint with anyone, who would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnstormer

Reaction score
This question was asked of me so I thought I'd pass it along. Living or dead, famous or not, who would you choose to sit down and have a pint with?

There are a bunch of names that come to mind for me. Ernest Hemmingway, Frank Sinatra, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, all would be interesting I think.

However, I would choose my own Grandfather. He died when I was 9 yrs old so my only memories are those through a child's eyes. I would love to sit down as adults and share a homebrew instead of the root beer we once did.

So how bout it, Who do you Choose!

My family tree ends with a bank robber who had a billion different aliases. I'd like to know his real family name so the tree can be traced further. And hear some robbery stories :mug:

My grandfather as well. My mom says I am like him in a lot of ways and he died when I was too young to know him. Course he would probably want a buckhorn beer. Luckily I didn't inherit his tastebuds.

I'd like to have a nice, long talk about religion and government with Thomas Jefferson. That man put together his own bible and wrote the Declaration of Independence, I can only imagine what he'd have to say about those subjects and more.

We might need more than a pint.

Other than my grandfather who passed away when my dad was 14...George Harrison.
The Beatles are one of the greatest rock and roll bands ever, and while Paul and John captured the spotlight, George was the guiding spirit behind it all. Musician aside, George Harrison was an amazing human being. Gentle, kind, spiritual, deep, and full of wisdom. He'd be my pick

The president....I hear he brews. ;)

Seriously though I'd love to share my beer with both my late Father who died 7 years ago, shortly before I started brewing, and my brother who died 16 years before (he was 16 years older than me), and his death was the reason I didn't start brewing back then.

16 years ago, before he was taken from cancer he and I were looking at starting what would have been the 3rd Micro Brewery to open in Metro Detroit. He was a commercial developer, and was working on a major development that would have included a Spanish Restaurant and a Micro Brewery. At that time I was reading as much as I could about brewing, and was going to start homebrewing.

In fact a couple days before Christmas I was heading out to try to find what was then the only homebrewshop in the area, which was in a hardware store (It would later become Cap and Cork for any Metro Detroiters reading this,) to buy my starter kit. I couldn't find the place (before gps and cellphones lol) and planned to go try to find it again while I was off the week between Christmas and New Years.....

Two days later, Christmas Eve morning, I got a call from my sister in law that he was dying. I got there just after he drew his last breath....and I never made it to the brewshop until 8 years later, the day after Christmas, about a month after my dad died....

So yeah, I'd really like to share my beers with them.

There are a few, but I'll say my Uncle Carl (RIP) War hero in Vietnam, buried at Arlington. I met him a couple times but never got to know him. My family says he was a really deep person who was easier to understand one on one.

Well here in my family, we got a sip or two of beer in our teen years so we would not go crazy drunk the minute we turned 18. :ban:

Way ahead of you at 3 and 6.

The 3 year old is partial to hoppy ales and the 6 year old is partial to belgian ales.

It starts with a dip of a finger. Then one day, you shut off the lawn mower to sit down, cool off, and have some more beer only to find 1/3 to 1/2 of the content of the glass is missing.

I'd love to have one more with my dad who has been gone for 21 years.

I agree with GilaMinumBeer. My young uns aged 6, 10 and 12 are all partial to good beers and losing half a beer to three "can i taste dad's" is not unheard of :D

It would have to be my grandpas. I wish I could have known them (and my grandmas) as an adult and not just as a child.

neosapien said:
James May. Mike Rowe.

I appreciate intelligence coupled with irreverence.

I would have to swap out may with hammond. How often can you drink with a hamster

Wow, I was going to go to the classic, "your mom" but everyone's posts are way to mature and touching (minus toby keith).
hmm... I guess my Dad. He's still alive, but is a strict teetotaler. In a different life.

James May definitely. Actually having a pint with all 3 TG blokes would probably be even better since they would play off each other and be a complete riot. Barack Obama, because all political stuff aside I think he seems like a cool guy to drink a pint with, and I'd ask him why he doesn't brew the whitehouse beer himself. Nikola Tesla because he was a awesome genius who was ahead of his time and I'd like to bring him back to the present day so he could fix the energy crisis.

James May definitely. Actually having a pint with all 3 TG blokes would probably be even better since they would play off each other and be a complete riot..

Have you watched the series Oz and James Drink to Britain? It's a great series. James May and Oz Clark on a beer wine and spirits drinking trip through England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

I have all the episodes from Youtube linked here.

They even try homebrewing.

1. Leonardo DaVinci
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Some of my relatives that have passed.
4. I have already had the pleasure of sharing homebrew with my children since they've grown!!!

Back