First all-grain a success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterfuse

Reaction score
Well i just finished my first all grain session for a Pale Ale which took me just over 6 hours and it went really well for the most part. the only downsides being a little rain, long time to reach boil and maybe adding a little too much top off water to the fermenter reducing my OG. if i was careful with the water i would have hit my OG right on the nose so efficiency was good.

My setup was very cheap as i mostly made my equipment from things lying around the house. i might consider making an electric immersion element to speed up the boil reach time. The Pale Ale recipe was an alteration of Papazians Good Life Pale ale. Here's mine:

23 litres
OG 1.050
FG 1.012

5kg Mild Ale malt
0.5kg Munich malt
0.2kg torrified wheat

1oz Cascade 7.5% 60min
1oz Cascade 7.5% 30min
1oz EK Goldings 4.5% 3min
1oz EK Goldings 4.5% dry

Irish moss
White labs California ale yeast

Next up is maybe a fruit ale or maybe a Hefeweizen. Thanks for everyones help along the way.

Welcome! I've been on a munich malt kick recently. 6 hours is not unreasonable, I've been doing parti-gyle recipes to make 2, maybe *3* batches in the same amount of time ;)

Congrats!

My girlfriend bought me some beer last night. a belgian Dubbel and a blonde, then a SNPA. What a lovely girlfriend i have. i never had a dubbel before and it was so delicious i might consider making one, it was so malty smelled amazing. then in contrast the SNPA was some hop heaven.

I had to attatch a blow off hose today which was cool, never had to do that before.

Latest posts

Back