Seeking advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schumed

Reaction score
Officially celebrating 1 year of home brewing today!

I've got 15 - 5 gallon all grain batches under me belt. All have turned out good a few have been outstanding.

I'm kind at a place where there are some recipes I want to do again and start doing 10 gallon batches (my equipment is capable) and work on perfection but another part of me wants to still explore and keep trying new things.

Guess I'm trying to figure out where to invest my time and wallet

Advice thoughts ????

I only do 10 gallon batches that are "house beers"- that is something I'm going to want to drink 10 gallons of! It depends on how many taps you have, or how much bottle storage, of course. I have three taps, and sometimes I'm glad when a 5 gallon batch is gone!

I make 5 gallon batches of beers I like but don't love- oatmeal stout, Belgian, porter, etc. But I make 10 gallon batches of beer I drink more than 3 pints a day of- IPA, APA, American amber.

I try to keep three different beer styles on hand all the time. That way, I can have an oatmeal stout after dinner, but an APA and then an IPA later on!

i agree, yooper. 10 gal is a LOT of beer. if you have a recipe you make a bunch, 10 gal is the way to go (or more if you're that lucky). but for most things, 5 gal is plenty,i can always brew more.

Back