My New Toys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireNightFly

Reaction score
Well just back from by HB store. Picked up a new bucket, lotsa yeast, and found an awesome sale. Muntons kits were 14.95 a piece, I cleared him out, lol. Looks like Ill be making quite a few IPAs. =D Also picked up some more 5l mini kegs for 17.99 a piece, not a bad deal. especially when they come with beer.

Im getting all set right now to brew 2 batches of beer and 2 gallons of Cider. Im pretty excited!

:mug:

Never done a Muntons kit... what does the $15 IPA kit include? That is great pricing.

Yes, they are like Coopers kits. I started with Coopers brewery kit and did 2 of them. I did them more like the traditional way of making beer, with boiling 60 min.

Ive never dry hopped before.
1 of the IPAs I added 5 cups of sugar, was nice to see beer on the ceiling this morning, haha. The other IPA I added 3 cups of sugar, it seems to be normal.

1 of my ciders is going along just fine and the other doesnt seem to be releasing CO2 yet.

I started these 2 IPAs on the 19th of Sept. It has been 18 days and they are still rather active. I had read to leave it for 3-4 weeks in the primary. Crossing my fingers.

The two ciders on the other hand seem to have farted out and appear to be inactive. I see drub on the bottom but, no more bubbles from the airlock or inside the jug. Would it be ok to bottle or keg? Should I try to restart fermentation?

Back